Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is the only problem I have with this car..... This rattling in the passenger side, I hear it around the dash or glove box area. My gf hears it around the door. I read other forums and people say its around the center console.

Where the hell is it?!!? What is it ?!!? and how do you fix it !?!? Because its very annoying !!

Sorry the yelling typing of sentences...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Is the ChillZone sliding thing moving around in the glove box?

When you open the glove box does the sound get louder?

No rattles from my dash.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I dont think so. I drove with the glove box down, but havent try holding the Chill sliding thing to see if thats it...

It really sounds like its coming from the window front of the passenger dash...

·
Registered
901 Posts
that side rattle in mine ended up being a heat shield. (why so far up, I have no idea......)

Someone else's rattle ended up being cables behind the panels.

Don't kill yourself over it - add it to the "to do" list when you bring in the car for its first oil change and let the service dept fix it. And it's all warranty work so it won't cost you a dime.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
My Caliber just developed a rattle yesterday! It seems to be coming from the dash just behind the steering column (behind the fuel and temp gauges) to the left. My wife noticed it first. It doesn't rattle all the time, just when the roads are not brand-new-smooth. It's driving me nutz.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today I took my car in, of course the dealer is full and I need to setup an appointment.... Schedule for next week :( Anyways keep us updated....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Funny, my caliber doesn't rattle. Here's a thought, it might be that you have someting in the glovebox that is making the noise e.g. some coins.

P.S.
As much as I love the caliber if, during the testdrive, I would have heard a rattle. I would have so ordered a different on, even if it took another 2 months. My last car, a 2005 focus, had this ridiculous rattle from the passenger side that drove me insane.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts