Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i took delivery of my caliber this morning at 10ish. let me tell you how much i love this car. i'm going to miss my old bug, but not as much as i'm goign to love my new caliber. i love everything about it. i thought i was going to regret not getting the base model radio for the aux in but man, do i love having 6 cds in my dash. in the bug i owned the docket for cds was in the trunk... booourns. i love the sunroof the most i think...

there is so much good to say that i wont get into cause i'm so friggin tired, so i'll post it tomorrow.

there is however some bad i must remark upon. there is the usual banter about the armrest being too slidey and the cooler not cooling enough to which i am also a member of such chorus. this other problem is bringing great anxiety to me pejoratively speaking of course. the problem is that the rear windshield wiper doesn't get any fluid. plenty of it is travelling there, but somewhere along the line, there's a connection missed or a hole in the line or whatever. i'm haring it trickling down somewhere and i don't know where... i'm worried about any electronics in the thing... i'm taking it in tomorrow to be checked out.

here is my photo bucket with some bigger pics and some small pics... not sure why they turned out that way...

oh yes, a quick description first...
it's a black sxt sport with the red interior! music gate, sunroof, cruise control, uconnect, heated seats, driver convenience, security group and a 6cd changer. yay!!

pics

and the video you will need quicktime and it's 13mgs but don't ask me why... and while uploading this to photobucket it seems to have... lost it's way a bit, you'll know what i'm talking about if you decide to watch it...

it's certainly not as informative of the car as fox's was, but it's certainly informative on how crazy i am about my car... :)

ok i just uploaded this thing on youtube so check it out here instead of that crappy version on photobucket...

my caliber

·
Registered
901 Posts
Congratulations!! :D Looks like it was a beauty of a day where you're at to have brand new car out and about!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Were you guys on crack with the video? lol

Looks great! It was a gorgeous day to buy a Caliber! :)

Tiff

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looks great.... just like mine except for the chrome grill. Hate to say it, but I think the chrome grill looks better on black ;) Your wheels beat my steel ones though =)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
You guys are nucking futs....:D:D

Good vid and congrats man!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
OUWxGuesser said:
Looks great.... just like mine except for the chrome grill. Hate to say it, but I think the chrome grill looks better on black ;) Your wheels beat my steel ones though =)
You got that right about the grille being chrome on the black, heck I like the chrome on them all!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, we know Joe, we know. :D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Make me, chromie..:D

(supposed to ryhme with homie..:p)

·
Registered
311 Posts
superbang said:
so i took delivery of my caliber this morning ...

there is so much good to say ...there is however some bad ...
Congratulations on becoming one of the growing many.

Keep us up-to-date on the rear window washer. I've not tried mine yet. I wonder if it's the same as you described...uhmmm?

Tyke

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Haha...suz...tapping into the motherly side I see...:D:eek:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Congrats man! It's a SXT right? Looks good w/o the chrome grill and in black.

Can't see the vid... youtube is down for maintenance or something.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you know, i'm kinda liking the body coloured grill now... but only on the black... the car i actually ordered was on the lot when i took my new .50 CAL in for the washer fluid problem and i'm sooooo happy that i have this one.

it was red and maybe i've been brainwashed by all the chrome that we were promised before, but the red just didn't look normal without the grill being all shiny.

so the update on the fix on my car. well... it got fixed.

true story!

but apparently the hose wasn't hooked up properly and the fluid was draining into a quarterpanel... weird eh? so they shop vac'd it out and replaced the entire hose. total time was an hour.

also i noticed three blotches in the paint on the hood and they said it'd just need a buffing. so i'll be bringing it back next week for that... i'll also have them spray the windshield with something called aquapel it's supposed to allow me the freedom of never using my windshield wipers ever again. cool eh?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
it was worth the night in jail... ;)

i literally love this thing... last night i was outside with my fiancé and we were talking on teh driveway and i swear i wasn't even looking at her. i was staring at my caliber... she was talking away and i could not stop looking at it... she caught on when i got up and went walking around it to check out the lines again...

also worth the night in the dog house.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts