Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first Caliber wave yesterday. Coming from a Beetle it was nice to see people in the same vehicle waving. I know Jeep people do this too. Anyone else do the wave?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sometimes people in an old Trans Am will wave at my husband if he is in his, but he desn't wave back because he thinks its stupid, haha.

If I get the Caliber wave, I'll wave back :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
the best thing about driving my bug was watching kids and adults alike slugging eachother in the arm when i drove by and you could always read their lips saying "punchbuggy!!"

haven't got the caliber wave yet... whenever i see one i'm always way ahead of it or way behind it...

·
Registered
182 Posts
We need to start a punchbuggy punch! Whenever you see someone do it on the roadside....stop...get out...walk up to them and say"Double Punchbuggy On You" and then proceed to punch thier arm with desired force :)!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where are all the Philadelphia Calibers??? :confused: I saw a white one about a month and a half ago, one steel blue in my parking lot at work....and that's it! Oh, and I think I glimpsed a red one in my rear view mirror last week before it made a turn. I feel cool, yet lonely. I want someone to wave at!!!!:(

·
Registered
64 Posts
My wife and I are trading in her Punch Buggy for the Caliber too. It's a shame 'cause the Beetle is her "dream car" but it's just too small for our new poop-factory... I mean daughter... lol! I must admit, it was great to drive by a school (as opposed to performing a drive-by on a school) and seeing all the kids just start Jackie Chan-ing the crap out of eachother when they see the punch buggy. Ahhh, good times - good times... lmfao!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Raz said:
My wife and I are trading in her Punch Buggy for the Caliber too. It's a shame 'cause the Beetle is her "dream car" but it's just too small for our new poop-factory... I mean daughter... lol! I must admit, it was great to drive by a school (as opposed to performing a drive-by on a school) and seeing all the kids just start Jackie Chan-ing the crap out of eachother when they see the punch buggy. Ahhh, good times - good times... lmfao!!!
LMFAO.

Moving on...

I am not even in my Caliber yet and if I pull up next to one @ a red light, I will roll down the window and let them know how good their car looks.

I just cannot wait for mine. Tired of my slow Dodge Ram and taking corners @ a snail's pace. I cannot wait for the gas mileage and throwing my R/T around. :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
On our way to Mothers Day dinner we came up on a black Caliber R/T towing a lawn tractor(?) on a trailer. It had the factory trailer hitch assembly, it also had the factory roof rack (first time seeing in person). He was alone talking on his cell phone, with New York plates.

As we were passing him I was laughing because he was not paying attention to us at first until he noticed our Orange R/T. He then smiled and waved as he watched us pull away. (my wife newly found her leadfoot)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Unfortunately, I haven't had any waves. I had one gawking lady in an orange SXT that I could not return the favor because I was doing an aggressive cornering maneuver. My son said that her face was priceless...and that her Caliber looked good standing while we were moving. :D :D

Tyke

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought a new 94 Saturn SL2, and we Saturn people back then not only waved each other to death, we even had group get-togethers in each city!!!

Was fun for the first two or three years!

Anway, if I really like a car, it doesn't matter what I'm driving, I'll pull up and point at it and then give it the thumbs up, or if I'm stopped beside it, I'll roll down my window and tell them I like it.

Hey, most of us love our cars, and it's cool when someone else genuinely lets you know that they appreciate it too!!!

Oh, yeah, I saw a Caliber today!

Hey, anyone driving a Caliber who sees a Beetle should pretend to shoot at it with their right hand and then blow away the smoke!!! Might get you killed, but it would be appropriate since you ARE driving a Caliber!!! :confused:

Hmmmmmmmm........ maybe not such a good idea!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
.22 said:
I got my first Caliber wave yesterday. Coming from a Beetle it was nice to see people in the same vehicle waving. I know Jeep people do this too. Anyone else do the wave?
Alfa Romeo owners would do a 2 fingers up....accompanied by a "toot toot" of the horn. That's an old tradition starting in the 60's.

I miss my Jeep waves....another 2 fingers up one..no toot of the horn though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I saw one yesterday in town, I was pulling into the Dollar tree and I saw this red SXT. So I parked right next to her. And then we talked for a little bit about our new Calibers. So that's a little better than a wave I guess...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ha ha! Whenever i see someone doing the knuckle dive i stick one up my nose...honk my horn and smile at them....always a red face from them afterwards as they speed off!
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts