Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: This morning at around 9:30 EST
a deer jumped in front of my new caliber 300 kilometers on it.
I was driviing about 60 km an hour when it jumped out of a ravine in front of me :confused: Now I have to wait till monday to find a dealer that does body work and the remote mirrors quit working and the key fob is intermittent.

·
Registered
644 Posts
wow, that stinks. atleast your alright... thats dangerous hittin dears, they do some major damage.

·
Registered
901 Posts
oh my... hope you're ok.
all these new calibers getting broken is so sad.

Ask your dealer if there is a body shop they work with, or at least one owned by another DCX dealer. If you're leasing, it may be important to you that the repairs are documented in the DCX databases. (Yes it'll be tagged to your VIN for life, regardless, but at least there will be proof in the DCX system that you had the vehicle repaired to manufacturer specs. Warranty issues, ya know.)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm fine it just sucks with a brand new vehicle. My last new vehicle was rear ended before the first oil change. But nothing after that seems like an initiation of some type. for my new cars.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
So sorry to hear this!
Same thing just happened to a member on the 300cforums board... wonder if the deer have declared "open season" on cars?

I hope you get everything back in working order and bright and shiny again very soon... be careful out there!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
2 months after moving to the country this happened. $14,000 damage, a lot under the hood including cracked intake manifold. The reason Bambi's at the body shop the tow truck driver ate her. No humans hurt.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I am sorry to hear as well mealso!:( I know how you feel as that happened 1 month after I got my Neon a year ago, its not fun. I am glad everyone in the Caliber was fine, I know I was "wow, what was that?" and mine was in broad daylight, sunny day and everything.

It is just a pain to have to wait for the repair to happen.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know the washer bottle is history it leaked all over, the fascia , headlight , and right front fender and hood. After pulling the fender away from the tire and the splashshield from innner wheel well I was able to drive it home about 8 miles. I haven't figured out the picture thing on here so I won't post any. But I put one on dodgeforums if anyone is interested. Funny thing the car never even swayed when the deer was hit. Built RAM TUFF

·
Registered
35 Posts
sorry to hear that you hit a deer (SORRY) i couldn't help it post some pics if you can
I hit a deer with my s-10 five years ago and it took forever to get the airbag smell out of my head

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage to the Caliber; I hope all is repaired quick and correct.

I guess this is a good example of why "Binky" says the Caliber "...Scares the **** out of me!". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You are lucky, mealso, a lot more damage would have been caused if it had hit square in the grill. One of the reasons I got the Caliber was the "blunt" front end. After hitting Bambi 2 years ago my wife was scared to drive the rental Sunfire because of the swoopy front end, visions of the Chris Farley movie Tommy Boy with the deer in the car. I was going about 130 KmsPH, bright sunny morning when she came out of nowhere. The guy behind me said she was 30 feet in the air doing cartwheels after we hit her.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update:
Stopped at the dealer today to see how my car was coming along. They are just waiting on the washer fluid bottle,everything else is done
Total damage $3500.00 Canadian
New Hood, Fender, Fascia and Washer Bottle
Not too bad for what I hit. Tough Little Car.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'll throw in headlight bucket. :D That in itself is a pretty expensive little sucker. I'd estimate the cost of the headlight bucket to be in the $200-300 (USD) range if not more.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
orangecalibersxt said:
I'll throw in headlight bucket. :D That in itself is a pretty expensive little sucker. I'd estimate the cost of the headlight bucket to be in the $200-300 (USD) range if not more.
I forgot that one of the most important parts Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update
Still no washer fluid bottle and no delivery date.
This is worse then waiting for delivery on your car because you have it you just can't use it. Just a short rant. I hope this dosen't take as long as the ordering waits or I won't get it back till September.

·
Registered
203 Posts
mealso said:
Update
Still no washer fluid bottle and no delivery date.
This is worse then waiting for delivery on your car because you have it you just can't use it. Just a short rant. I hope this dosen't take as long as the ordering waits or I won't get it back till September.
That's the pits... I guess I was lucky as the only damage to mine was external and the parts came in quickly... one week downtime..

Good luck and I hope that washer bottle appears soon....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got the call tonight the part came in I can pick it up tomorrow.

Now where's that Pig and Bear!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts