Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so has anyone else had as much fun setting up the garage door opener as i have?

the thing has three buttons. so three doors. mine's covered... as for my fiancé's parent's house...

so i went out to set up the button for their house... just like i did at mine. they have a rolling "id" for their door opener as it was made after 1996... so i had to press the learn button on the motor itself... well apparently i erased the key pad and rendered the remote temporarily useless...

i programmed my car just fine though... theirs couldn't get in, but mine could. so at eleven at night, lindsay's parent's call me up and informed me of my blunder and i promptly went over there to fix it. just thought i'd share my idiocy... but also to let everyone know that the buttons work fine... :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
REally? That's funny!!! LOL

Seriously though, I didn't have any problems with mine. I have a rolling ID as well. My husband had to help me because he had to press the button at the top of the garage door opener itself while I did my thing in the car.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i had a 30 second grace period to run back and forth to code the door, teach the remote and then my car. itwas a lot of running round in the middle of a 22degree night... fun stuff...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I need to get my garage-door remote fixed. Currently I have to go in the house, into the garage, open the door, get back in the car and then drive in. It was OK the first time... sigh.

·
Registered
901 Posts
::sigh:: I wish I had a garage. Or even a carport.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts