Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24003 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, we have been allowed a new CHAT thread.
There are a couple of ground rules that must be followed:

1) The language and overrides of language filters stops NOW! Posts will be deleted/infractions/further action taken.

2) OT does NOT mean anything goes. No Foul language, insulting posts, or bashing of any members​

This is *NOT* a replacement for the post whore thread, it is a simple chat thread.
Please also note that post counts, and thanks have been disabled in the Off Topic Section.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance. :bigthumb:

If you have any questions feel free to PM me, or another forum staff member.

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
It doesnt make any sense why they would do that? Who complained? It offended someone so much they had to take it down? Thats grown up real grown up...

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a build up of problems, and abuses of the system.

The main point is that we need to make caliberforums great again.

The worst part was the bashing of fellow members, and the language.

·
Registered
168 Posts
this is so stupid whats the point of the ot then. and i dont get teh new changes.
Did you miss the disrespectful post towards the SRT Engineers? It wasn't cool at all. Very counter productive when they are visiting the site to help us SRT owners out. Nothing wrong with an OT thread IMO but it got outta hand this morning IMO. Some of the posts in OT are not even funny, I for one was not happy with visiting an enthusiast site where all this was going on. I am sure I am not the only one, just one guy who said something about it here.

I am not slamming anyone, I just think there are better ways to discuss our cars than the previous OT threads. Again just my opinion. Yes I am older than your average CSRT4 owner. Owned a lot of fast cars, did 22 years in submarines and diver stuff, I have a great sense of humor. My point I guess is there is a time and a place for everything I am up for a good joke but when the OT became a free for all and against the very people we look to for support. I am glad the old OT thread went away.:eek:fftopic::notallthere::pimp:

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you miss the disrespectful post towards the SRT Engineers? It wasn't cool at all. Very counter productive when they are visiting the site to help us SRT owners out. Nothing wrong with an OT thread IMO but it got outta hand this morning IMO. Some of the posts in OT are not even funny, I for one was not happy with visiting an enthusiast site where all this was going on. I am sure I am not the only one, just one guy who said something about it here.

I am not slamming anyone, I just think there are better ways to discuss our cars than the previous OT threads. Again just my opinion. Yes I am older than your average CSRT4 owner. Owned a lot of fast cars, did 22 years in submarines and diver stuff, I have a great sense of humor. My point I guess is there is a time and a place for everything I am up for a good joke but when the OT became a free for all and against the very people we look to for support. I am glad the old OT thread went away.:eek:fftopic::notallthere::pimp:
does anybody remember that we had to get the off topic posts to stop appearing on the active topics page? same issue.

Nobody reported it to my knowledge, so don't go blaming anybody or starting fights with anybody

·
Registered
168 Posts
does anybody remember that we had to get the off topic posts to stop appearing on the active topics page? same issue.

Nobody reported it to my knowledge, so don't go blaming anybody or starting fights with anybody
I have no idea what you are talking about here, seriously

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
it was a build up of problems, and abuses of the system.

The main point is that we need to make caliberforums great again.

The worst part was the bashing of fellow members, and the language.
its not gonna be great again. They killed it. Think about how dead its been. Its just gonna get worse.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its not gonna be great again. They killed it. Think about how dead its been. Its just gonna get worse.
How? It was only me Uber and sunburst that posted in that thread recently anyways

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
I have no idea what you are talking about here, seriously
o/t used to appear on the active topics section of the forum. many members did not appreciate looking on active topics for caliber related threads only to find more than half were off topic threads. so we asked admin to make it so o/t is its own section and does not appear on active topics.

just because you cant call someone a turd face or go off on a 4 letter word rant does not mean the forum is dead or will die. the only reason that would happen is if everyone let it happen. and lets face it, leaving this place because you cant curse is a little lame.

a bunch of long awaited products are being released, more tuning options are out there, people are working to get flash tuners made, etc. these are things that will bring life back to this forum and they will do it on the right pretenses.

bottom line is, we all abused the o/t section. it is for discussing things that do not relate to the caliber. no where does it say we can curse freely, insult members and post anything and everything we want in here. admin was not happy with the trend this section was on and decided to take action. action which they were fully in their right to take. im sorry its not what eveyrone wanted, but in the end it is the best for their forum.

we can still have fun in here, just take it down a notch and stop tricking the language filters. thats all.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Man how is it I always miss the good stuff.....

And what the heck is with the no post counts?!?! Whats up with that?? That doesnt even make sense....

I for one love these forums lol :banger: wasnt for these forums I probably would have paid a ton more for my CSRT4, not know what mods to get, wouldnt know a single CSRT4 owner, or heck I might have done the unthinkable and bought me an Mazdaspeed 3 :notallthere::stickpoke::twak::fight:

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
How? It was only me Uber and sunburst that posted in that thread recently anyways
Hey! Don't forget about the new guy who probably wont stick around now LOL....

I understand fully where they are coming from... however still kinda lame. You can edit my post if found disrespectful. I just don't understand what the huge deal was... I mean really when you think about it, the last 6 months in that thread have been pretty slow and nothing really offensive (that i can recall) was said... so why the sudden change is what I wonder...

Yes the language filter is wrong however I myself didn't think I abused it.... and I swear alot LOL....

The forum was slowing down and yes I get it is a CALIBER forum and not a O/T forum but it was nice to have it... I am sure this will slow activity quite a bit regardless of what you may or may not think. I extremely enjoyed going in the O/T thread and was a nice highlight of my working day, which I can't really enjoy much now. Take it however you want it... its a call to make but someone has to do it I guess....

/Forum

1 - 20 of 24003 Posts