Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from checking out the Caliber at a local dealer. Over all, I can't complain. Originally we were going to try out a SE model, but it didn't have height adjustments for the drivers seat. I couldn't even fit in the car. I would have had to lose my head since I could only fit in up to my neck. :)

We moved over to a SXT with a 2.0L engine. It didn't have power seats, but the height adjustment was there. The fit was pretty good. My head didn't have a whole lot of room, but i could get my fingers between my head and the roof. So thats cool. I could use a little more vision upwards through the windshield. It's not a big deal to look around though.

I also noticed the blind spot on the drivers side was a little large due to the seat being all the way back and against he B pillar. Once again, a little moving around fixed that no problem.

The leg room was almost as good as the Chargers though. I was a little surprised ;)

Very nice car for the price.

I have a few questions if anyone doesn't mind :)
With power seats and the leather option, is it possible to get a little extra head room for the drivers side?

Also, what's a good financing rate to buy a car? This guy had me at 7.9%. That seemed rather high. Though I don't know if that is because I want to buy and not lease the car. Any help there would be MUCH appriciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
How tall are you exactly? Glad to hear you liked it! :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm around 6'4. Too tall for the average car..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Principal,
I don't think the Caliber has the power seats option but I could be wrong. I got my Finance with Capital One Auto Finance. They gave me 6.05% for 60 Months. They are pretty good and they send you a blank check that you can fill at the dealership. It is great when you can tell them "I got my own financing" :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Wow Capital One gave you a good rate! They wanted to give me like 17% and I have good credit!!!

I think 7.9 isn't all that high. My dealership offered my 6.4 and I couldn't find any lower.

I also didn't think the Caliber could come with power seats.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gues I got confused some where, I thought the power seats (at least the drivers side) came with some package or something. Leather or something? Either way, it doesn't really matter. Once I have the seat set, I'm not moving it around :)

I made a mistake on the financing rate. sorry! It was 6.95%. The 7.9% was on a used Charger RT (3500KM on it).

I guess I was used to all those ads you see in the newspaper and on tv. "4.8%" seems common in alot of them, and 0% or .9% for the japanese stuff.

The monthly payment was pretty good though. I had him build me a car with leather seats, conv./security groups, 6CD mp3 stereo and musicgate, sunroof, UConnect. It came out to $400 a month for an SXT model (about $24,000). Not bad at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Principal said:
I'm around 6'4. Too tall for the average car..
I'm 6'6". Most cars just don't fit me anymore so I need to either "adapt" myself or "Adapt" the car. I had a PT Cruiser before and moved the seat back 2" by re-welding the seat brackets. It was a somewhat complicated job on the PT. The Caliber has a lot more room than the PT. My right knee is against the stupid center dash deal, but not bad. I have the "jack-up/jack-down" drivers seat. Good head room in the Caliber. I will probably move the drivers seat back 1-2 inches eventually. For now it's O-K and my wife is the primary driver. For a smaller size car the room in it for a tall guy is really good. It has a lot better room than my Dodge Stratus 4 dr SXT does! That car is worthless for room and comfort for a tall man. I moved the seat back on that car 2" and it still is cramped. Terrible headroom. But it's a supplied work car so I pay no-gas/payments/insurance/or maintenence so I can't complain. I just wish my Dodge Ram quad cab got as good of mileage as the Cali. The truck fits me. Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts