Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With apologies to Tom Petty for stealing his line.

I don't know which wait is worse. The 5 weeks between order and delivery of my Caliber. Or the week it has been in the body shop, with another week to go. Parts are hard to come by I guess.

I'm driving a Mazda 6 rental. It's a decent car, but I want my Caliber!!!

I know I shouldn't bitch, since many of you have been waiting longer, and don't even know for sure when you'll get yours. But I was spoiled rotten by my 2 weeks of Caliber driving.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah I am right there with you. I am still waiting for my Black R/T and have been since April. Oh well, it will come sooner or later :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
dealer told me 5 weeks...its been five weeks exactly today....called about the status of my order....D status...dude this f'n sucks....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have a VIN yet? I placed my order on April 10 and just received a VIN late last week. I was hoping to have the car by Memorial Day weekend. I'm think that is out of reach .. maybe by Christmas.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Don't worry, it'll come.

To occupy yourself:
Make a budget for mods.
Find mods.
Plan.
Dream.
And what do you know, you're Caliber has arrived! :D:eek:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah I am currently stocking away for the mods I will be putting on ASAP. I am getting cheap ones (I still have to save for college spending money) like the brake light decal and mud flaps.

Oh and believe me, I do my fair share of dreaming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a bit longer time to wait for my possible Caliber than you guys behind the Atlantic.

I'm from Finland and here Caliber is for sale around July-August (after the summer vacations). Caliber is going to be very reasonably priced here also and a cheap US dollar against euro is also giving more "kick" to lower prices compared to european or asian (japanese) cars. Prices here propably start from about 20000 euros (25600$) which isn't much here (I know, it's expensive compared to the prices in US, thanks to our car tax :( ).

I currently own a Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.0 l Touring and I love it! It's the first American car I have ever owned and very happy with it. My former cars have been Volvos which were also good in their class. Still, there is just something about American cars I like. Perhaps European or Japanese cars are little bit too serious in my opinion, although their drive and quality are usually very good.

By the way, just to give some more example about the car prices, new Pt Cruiser with 2.4 l engine costs here just under 27000 euros (about 34500 $) and Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 5.7 HEMI engine 90000 euros (115000$)!

I propably change my PT to another car somewhere around late autumn or next winter (mileage is still very low, 23000 miles) and Caliber is very strong contender. I have also considered used Jeep Grand Cherokee, but fuel prices make me think that option twice (one litre here costs now around 1,3 euros (1,7 $), in US I believe it's somewhere like 0,5-0,6$) :D

Sorry for possible bad language, but I think it's better than posting reply with perfect finnish language. I think there's very few here who understand finnish:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Holy freaking shit! $115,000 for a Cherokee??!!! Are they filling the airbags with crack or something?

:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
No, Joe, you snort it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome, Backfire! You may be the first Finn on the board. Dodge is working hard to promote the Caliber around the world, so your interest in the car should be music to their ears.
Your English is great, better than many who supposedly speak it as a first language. My Finnish is limited to a few names: Sami Kapanen, Joni Pitkanen, Antero Nittymaki. Your countrymen are quite popular in Philadelphia!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
JoeDodge said:
Welcome, Backfire! You may be the first Finn on the board. Dodge is working hard to promote the Caliber around the world, so your interest in the car should be music to their ears.
Your English is great, better than many who supposedly speak it as a first language. My Finnish is limited to a few names: Sami Kapanen, Joni Pitkanen, Antero Nittymaki. Your countrymen are quite popular in Philadelphia!!!
Great players you have there, JoeDodge! It's just a shame that Philly didn't get further in the NHL playoffs. Let's hope that next season takes Flyers back to the top!

About the car prices I mentioned, they really are frickin' high here, specially for those that are in higher classes, like Grand Cherokee, large Europeans and so on. You can imagine, that you can't see so many new Grand Cherokee 5.7 HEMIs on the streets of Finland :D

Also, because of the fuel prices big american SUVs aren't imported here although fuel costs here about the same than it costs all over the central and western Europe. Those fuel guzzling SUVs would also be high priced because of the frickin' car tax here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts