Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get the "wave by" yet? One of the first days I drove my Caliber I was behind a Jeep Wrangler with 3 guys in it. At first they drove 10 miles under the speed limit with the rear passengers turning and staring at me every few seconds. Then they turned on a blinker even though there was no where to turn. After all that I still didn't pass so I got the wave. I finally went around them and got another wave and a thumbs up!

How funny is that?

My previous car was an 03 Electric Blue Mustang GT Convertible. I wonder sometimes which car gets more attention. :D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Maybe it was just YOU they were directing their attention to? :D

OK, probably the car...

... AND an attractive lady.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I got a lot of guys waving at me to :p

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
No waves yet... but it seems everyone driving Dodge trucks stares at the Caliber I drive... or maybe I just notice people in Dodge trucks... I don't know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
probably the goddess driving the caliber, or maybe your orange sxt, i dont know?

·
Registered
47 Posts
With the car being as rare as it is right now, I usually give a wave to a Caliber if I see one. Apparently none of them surf the forums because they all look at me like I have three heads. I guess they aren't as enthusiastic about it as I am...go figure.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Haven't really had the chance. All the other Calibers I've seen were not close enough to get the drivers attention. But Wednesday... I passed an orange or red one, flashed the V, and the other driver flashed it back. I was all giddy like a little kid. silly.

(CaliberChic, that wasn't you was it???!!! Trenton Rd... about 8:30pm??)

·
Registered
644 Posts
i had a guy pull up next to me in his hoopride on daytons like "yo son what year is that" i was like, "07".... he was like " That shits ill son fo realz"... i gotta kick out of it, cuz i only had the car for a day and was very unsure of the color. ive only owned red cars and i didnt know if id feel ghey in a "baby blueish car"... color has grown on me alot though...

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I wave at Calibers all the time!:).....

They don't wave back all the time, instead I get the "who are you waving at look!:D", maybe it is because I still drive my Neon...:eek::eek:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
I wave at Calibers all the time!:).....

They don't wave back all the time, instead I get the "who are you waving at look!:D", maybe it is because I still drive my Neon...:eek::eek:
LOL!

It's not that I got waved at, it's that they waved me by..as in go around us please so we can check out your car. :cool:

I am use the the waves, Mustang owners do that too. Oh and bike owners are famous for waving at each other as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got the eye catching bright yellow R/T and I get looks and people coming up to me in parking lots quite often asking what type of car it is....Dodge owners love it, and the few other Caliber's I've seen always give the "wave"....course here in Vancouver the "Wave" is something you do at hockey games!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I get the wavys, the people stopping when i get gas, when I wash my car. When I get out at malls.... They want to see the cooler in the glove box and the speakers in the hatch.....
My wife has a new beetle same thing happens there to.

·
Registered
414 Posts
We have spent the last three days in Boise at some meetings. I have seen 7 different Calibers. Only one driver did not wave. I think he was a closet "Buick" driver. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got a thumbs up from an old farmer in a Dodge Ram, as he hung out the window and watched me turn the corner. Made me smile for the rest of the drive home...but wish he was like 30 years younger.

I like the thumbs up rather than the wave. My last vehicle was a Jeep and it feels wrong for me to wave at something other than a Jeep. Although I come from a small Island in Lake Erie and we wave at everyone there...even if you don't know them...you are just excited to me meeting someone else on the road.

·
Registered
127 Posts
True they may have been waiving you by to get a look, but i dont think it was the car they were looking at. Sorry yes the caliber is a good looking car, but think they were more interested in the driver...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts