Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask the dealer what they had in stock and he said they are getting a red Caliber SXT sport with sunroof very soon so I ordered it. This was back on april 04 and now 2 weeks later and they still don't have it. 7 days ago he said it's in Montreal and it's only 2 hours from here so I can't beleive it's still there after 7 days! So I think he's playing games with me and I'm thinking of cancelling my order and maybe going to another dodge dealer (more honest). I just hate being played around with.:mad:
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
155 Posts
caliber42 said:
I ask the dealer what they had in stock and he said they are getting a red Caliber SXT sport with sunroof very soon so I ordered it. This was back on april 04 and now 2 weeks later and they still don't have it. 7 days ago he said it's in Montreal and it's only 2 hours from here so I can't beleive it's still there after 7 days! So I think he's playing games with me and I'm thinking of cancelling my order and maybe going to another dodge dealer (more honest). I just hate being played around with.:mad:
What do you guys think?
I think "very soon" could mean a lot of thinks to many different people.....give him an ultimatum.......:eek:

·
Registered
82 Posts
sometimes they wait till they have a bunch of calibers going to the same area I wouldn't cancel the order it seems there are lots of base calibers around but not to many that have some options on them I just got mine yesterday and it was worth the wait I traded in my 2005 sx2.0 and what a difference in the two cars the caliber is so much better than the neon/ sx will ever be

·
Registered
64 Posts
caliber42 said:
What do you guys think?
Look at the posts from Steve Desjardins on this forum. He works for Windsor Chrysler in Windsor, Ontario. He says he can deliver within 4 hours of Windsor and seems to have access to several Calibers. I do not know him, so i can't vouch for him, but it's worth sending him an email to see what he can offer. Don't feel bad, I ordered mine 6 weeks ago and still waiting. The dealer did tell me it could take 8 weeks, so he didn't mislead me. Good Luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Steve Desjardins said:
thanks NY giant. I have dealt with lots of forum members and have sold plenty of cars on these forums so you will be in good hands.
You are welcome, If I was on your side of the border, I would be contacting you myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't mind waiting (although it's hard) it's just the misleading part that I hate. I should of gotten the vin number by now for my inssurance if it was trully in Montreal.
Maybe I'm just being a wusse:D

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Wait another week, I am sure the dealer didn't want to tell you one thing and have the other happen. Talk to them about it and like someone already mentioned set an ultimatum, or just be stern with them. Maybe they are telling the truth, how knows right?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Haha, Dale...:D

+2 on Joe's statement. Just tell 'em to either get your Caliber or get a date for it or you go somewhere else. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great News! Just got a call from my dealer and he said I can pick up my Caliber tomorrow! Can't wait to drive it off the lot and go for a trip this weekend yeeehaa! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive personally been to 3 dealers in my city and regardless of the cars being on the lot I choose the sales man that went the extra mile for me and who was willing to build my caliber to my likings before it was even built.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts