Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an email from the sales manager who sold us our Caliber. Last I heard it was still in D1 status and nothing had changed. Well, today I was told the following

"I've been informed that the Factory will be doing a shut down as if they were producing 2006's. So, the ones that are in build status will be built. Your's is in the mix. Unfortunately, we've put 14 more sold units in since and have been told good luck before July."

He said that he'll try to do a dealer trade, but with a car as popular as the Caliber it'll be as hard as me trying to get a dealer trade for a Jetta TDI for my customers... :mad:

Anyway, I just wanted to pass on a little info to all of ya. I really hope I don't have to wait until the end of May for my car - I'd be REALLY pissed if that happened.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wouldn’t worry, every year almost all DaimlerChrysler manufacturing plants go on a 2-3 week shut down around June-July. I doubt your Caliber will be affected.

It gives the employees a little time to spend with there families or go on vacation. For most the dates coincide with the elementary/high school releases.

They have done this for many years.

Dan

·
Registered
901 Posts
It's just discouraging for those folks who were given build dates in May and June, and are now hearing about delays for Canadian Calibers. And now with the annual summer shutdown (which most folks aren't aware of) also delaying builds... yeah, it's a combination of events that just makes people worry.

Good luck Raz. Hope yours gets built. Your dealer did say it was "in the mix". I would interpret what he said as he's doubting the timeframe for the additional 14 units, not yours.

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I picked mine up the other day my dealer said something about the shut down and how it is going to be hard to get Calibers in for a while. He said they had a number of Calibers ordered that they will not be able to get. However, it sounds like you "Raz" got your order in just in time, if it is in the mix???
Good Luck!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I just talked to my dealer and the manager said that there will be no shut down for Calibers. He said the shutdown is to switch the factory over to the next year's model. But the Bellevedere (Belleview, Bell-something!), IL Caliber plant has already been shut down. So production will not stop. So he says, at least. He said mine will be built in June.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just put a downpayment on an SXT Orange. Although, there were none around with what I wanted (sunroof, speakers, etc) the dealer said he has one at the factory and should arrive in 4 weeks. He gave me a VIN number.

Reading the above comments kind of makes me think if I will get my Caliber in 4 weeks, and I being strung along by the dealer.

Does a VIN number mean the vehicle has been built? How does one confirm the status of this vehicle by the VIN number?

·
Registered
384 Posts
If he said he has one at the factory, he probably meant that it is one he has already ordered for his own stock and will now save it for you when it comes in.

Maybe you can call DCX and find out if it has been built?

·
Registered
746 Posts
well... i'll speak up for the guys working for dcx, not to say anyone has spoken poorly of them, nevertheless, i build ip's for the lx line and i'm looking very fwd to my two week shut down. if the caliber sells as well as the lx line which i'm under the impression they do, the wonderful souls working in IL are probably working mandatory saturday's like us and probably two sundays out of the month like us - and we're running on three shifts not two like them. we've been running like this since march and will be running like this up to and after the shut down until about mid october. i know it sucks to have to wait for your car that much longer; i do. but to ensure that you get a well made car built with care and not with spite and over tired workers, we need a couple of days off once in a while. i mean, it's a helpful way to prevent repetitive stress syndrome, let's those on the night and afternoon shift actually see people for once...(i'm on afternoons 2-10) it's worth it to everyone to wait just a little bit longer sometimes... good things come to those who wait! :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
katiescaliber said:
I just talked to my dealer and the manager said that there will be no shut down for Calibers. He said the shutdown is to switch the factory over to the next year's model. But the Bellevedere (Belleview, Bell-something!), IL Caliber plant has already been shut down. So production will not stop. So he says, at least. He said mine will be built in June.
This is correct.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really appreciate it Steve - and if I had known of your offer for forum members, I would have contacted you first. Unfortunately (or fortunately however you look at it), I've already signed a bill of sale and given the first month's pmt as a deposit at DeWilt Chrysler/Dodge in Hamilton. Our Caliber is in D1 status with a VIN already populated. I would be interested to see what you could do for us, but the sales manager at DeWilt has been fantastic. We're also looking at replacing my Rustang with something new, so any info on the SRT-4 Caliber - let me know! Seriously!

·
Registered
245 Posts
TommyLee said:
This is correct.
Well that makes sense in consideration of the time off during retooling. I was speaking in general terms so my apologies. I assume next year the same shutdown time frame will apply to there belvedere facility.

Sorry All,

Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts