Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious for those who are waiting for the Caliber SRT4 to be available in the spring what else/what other vehicles you plan on checking out before your purchase?

I think I'll be looking at:
1) VW GTI/R32 if for sale here by then.
2) Chevy HHR SS (260hp concept) if they do build it and it is for sale by then
3) Mazdaspeed 3 if some more colours are available in Canada at that time... apparenltly white will be available as a late option.
4) STI... I test drove one of these before buying my last car and fell in love with the drive; if the others can't give a driving impression that feels like the STI did than I may opt to sacrifice the space and additional cost to look at importing one of these. Apparently the 07's handlinng isn't as good though, and the car is showing its age as a redesign is pending for the next year so that may not be wise.

So whats your list?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
ms3 is the only one besides the srt that i am considering....heck i may even look at a used neon srt-4 since they soon will be dirt cheap.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boostdog said:
ms3 is the only one besides the srt that i am considering....heck i may even look at a used neon srt-4 since they soon will be dirt cheap.
Well I think each SRT4 has a different target auidence and the resale value won't be impacted. There are those who dislike the Caliber and would therefore be willing to pay a premium to get one of the limited production Neon SRT4's and there are those would wouldn't be caught dead in a Neon SRT4 and are eagerly awaiting the Caliber SRT4... so in both cases i don't think it hurts/helps the Neon SRT4's resale which it already does pretty well at in terms of residual value.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm looking at an EVO VIII right now. I have also looked into the EVO X. I drove my buddies EVO VIII at the drag strip and it is insanley fast. HE is getting rid of it for 26k and it has about 30k miles on it. I am seriously struggling between the SRT-4 Cali and that EVO...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same here, EVO is like my ultimate dream machine. But i like the performance for the money of the SRT-4. Plus its practical style is more convinient to a family guy like me:D Anyway here is a list of cars that really atracts my attention:

1-Lancer EVO 9 MR
2-Subaru WRX STI
3-Caliber SRT4
4-Mazdaspeed 3

Also i am considering the BMW 335i Twin Turbo. In my opinion is the most striking of the list, but the rest of the cars are not so far in the performance deparment, for a lot less.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
*SRT* said:
Same here, EVO is like my ultimate dream machine. But i like the performance for the money of the SRT-4. Plus its practical style is more convinient to a family guy like me:D Anyway here is a list of cars that really atracts my attention:

1-Lancer EVO 9 MR
2-Subaru WRX STI
3-Caliber SRT4
4-Mazdaspeed 3

Also i am considering the BMW 335i Twin Turbo. In my opinion is the most striking of the list, but the rest of the cars are not so far in the performance deparment, for a lot less.
I would go for the BMW in a heartbeat, but it costs about 40K more (than the MS3) in Canada so I don't think I'll be able to slip that past my wifes radar :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well i am in the ARMY currently station in illesheim germany, i been here for almost 3 years and one of the things that i learned is that here, BMWs are so much cheaper. $4000 to $5000 in price diference from the states. Base model for the base 3 series here is $27,000 compared to the $32,000 for the US price. You should be motivating me for the SRT!!! jeje:D

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*SRT* said:
Well i am in the ARMY currently station in illesheim germany, i been here for almost 3 years and one of the things that i learned is that here, BMWs are so much cheaper. $4000 to $5000 in price diference from the states. Base model for the base 3 series here is $27,000 compared to the $32,000 for the US price. You should be motivating me for the SRT!!! jeje:D
Well it works both ways, i am sure all the NA cars are more expensive there compared to here as well.... but in general, the euorpeans get the better end of the stick lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
U know what is funny here, american muscle car are very expensive and rare. They are like what is BMW and Mercedez for us, people gets crazy whenever they see a WS6 or a Munstang. I went to a 1/4 mile track with my buddy ws6 and they even anounced him on the speaker and telling the people in the place to have this oportunity admire the car. Jeje the funny thing he was not fast compared to some european that were there, but people were drooling because the awesome sound of the exhaust and the diferent look. By the way SRT4s have a very nice rumbling sound, i wonder what the german people reaction will be when they see a Caliber SRT4. As far as i know SRT4 is US production only, right?

·
Registered
644 Posts
if it aint out by mid next year i might opt for an evo or STi... or stay domestic and find a GTO a year old or so, but id love to keep a 4 door at this point in time.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Darren07RT said:
if it aint out by mid next year i might opt for an evo or STi... or stay domestic and find a GTO a year old or so, but id love to keep a 4 door at this point in time.
True, if you can't easily get one by July, August at the latest I think i'd look at something else... most likely the MS3

·
Registered
644 Posts
the R/T chargers have been sparking my interest alot lately...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
True, if you can't easily get one by July, August at the latest I think i'd look at something else... most likely the MS3
With the additional 30HP available from Mazdaspeed...it will be a true contender with the SRT-4. Price and warranty issues will be a factor, but the MS3 comes pretty nicely equipped. Throw on the MS CAI and exhaust and you are close to that 300 HP mark...and if you can keep that warranty since it is a Mazdaspeed part I think my decision is getting tougher and tougher.

http://images.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/flash/vehicles/upcoming/2007MS3Full/downloads/pdf/10Best2007.pdf

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
xcler8 said:
With the additional 30HP available from Mazdaspeed...it will be a true contender with the SRT-4. Price and warranty issues will be a factor, but the MS3 comes pretty nicely equipped. Throw on the MS CAI and exhaust and you are close to that 300 HP mark...and if you can keep that warranty since it is a Mazdaspeed part I think my decision is getting tougher and tougher.

http://images.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/flash/vehicles/upcoming/2007MS3Full/downloads/pdf/10Best2007.pdf
can't wait for the comparo when the srt4 comes out... outta be a great battle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts