Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Thank you for accepting my request.
About 2 Weeks back, i had a problem with my 2012 Sxt Caliber, i showed a lightning bolt, stability and check engine icons, so i ws tild to change the throttle body unit.
I changed it, and now the car wont start, it doesnt even crank, it turns on and if i pull out the throttle body plug, it start and all the warning light mentioned above comes ON.
PLEASE HELP ME

·
Registered
20 Posts
After replacing the throttle body to your engine, did you use a scan tool and select the ETC RELEARN function. If the engine light was on and has a pending code, the code should go away. If the code was a hard permanent code, then the ECM (computer) would need a hard reset. . Disconnecting the battery resets the TIPM (and should reset all the codes) which controls all the electrical systems on the CanBus control. Have included a link to the 2007 Caliber repair manual, page 866 covers the ETC .. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
7 Posts
After replacing the throttle body to your engine, did you use a scan tool and select the ETC RELEARN function. If the engine light was on and has a pending code, the code should go away. If the code was a hard permanent code, then the ECM (computer) would need a hard reset. . Disconnecting the battery resets the TIPM (and should reset all the codes) which controls all the electrical systems on the CanBus control. Have included a link to the 2007 Caliber repair manual, page 866 covers the ETC .. Hope this helps..

Good resource for the manual. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts