Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that some people have tinted their windows on their Calibers. How's that working for everyone? Right now I own a 2000 Honda Accord EX v6 and last year I had the windows tinted with 5% tint. Sometimes I have a hard time seeing out the windows, especially at night. I sometimes find myself lowering my window and sticking my head out to make sure I won't hit anything as I back out!

Lets hear your experiences with your tint. Wish you went darker or lighter? Since the Caliber's back window is a lot farther back than a normal car or truck, does it make it harder to see out?

·
Registered
103 Posts
When I had mine done, I was told that any darker than 20% you'll have trouble seeing at night...

·
Registered
644 Posts
mines 5%, i love it, with an 8inch visor as well

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I have 5% on my back two doors and rear window and 20% on the driver and passenger front doors. I wouldn't go any darker than 20% on the front windows.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have 20% all around. I can see at night just fine and unlike what others have said in other places on here I don't have to roll my windows down to see my mirrors at all. When you are inside the car it isn't that dark at all :) I love it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
35% fronts (legal limit here), 5% on all others. The Black Cali screams for tinted winda's IMHO!

·
Registered
52 Posts
looks very nice, in WI legal is 50% front and 35% rest, but that just doesnt look good, and im anal about having all my windows match so...im thinking 20% all around

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
BethJ said:
I have 20% all around. I can see at night just fine and unlike what others have said in other places on here I don't have to roll my windows down to see my mirrors at all. When you are inside the car it isn't that dark at all :) I love it.
Beth, I also have 20% on the sides and back. No problem seeing out during the day or at night in well lite urban areas. But out here in the country, without street lights, it's dangerous. Backing up and pulling out onto the highway from a side road I have to roll the windows down to see. By the way, nice car, if you were 45 years older we could be twins.:rolleyes: :)
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
hey sean, who did your tint?? was it your neighbor?? i was gonna go 20% all round, now im thinking 20% fronts ,5 % rears.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i got 20% all the way around. no problem at night. but my mustang with 5% "Presidental" Tint the tint guy told me. you cant see in and barely out. with no a/c the windows are down so no problem seeing. :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
xlimodriver said:
Beth, I also have 20% on the sides and back. No problem seeing out during the day or at night in well lite urban areas. But out here in the country, without street lights, it's dangerous. Backing up and pulling out onto the highway from a side road I have to roll the windows down to see. By the way, nice car, if you were 45 years older we could be twins.:rolleyes: :)
:)
You are almost 72? :) wow!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I've always had a knack for kissing up to younger women, but this was a honest mistake. From your avatar i assumed you were under 20. I was off by 9 yrs. You do the math.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was just messin' with you :) Everybody thinks I'm like 15 or 16 when I'm at work with my hair in a ponytail and no make up lol So no fear. I will be 27 in September and I figure I will be happy when I'm 40!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts