Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It needs washing after the tint job, but it is too damned hot right now...

From the drivers side:

Sorta washed out the pic of the sill guard...

Tint is 35 on the rear and 20 on the fronts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Way cool...thanks for sharing. I have a red SXT on order. Maybe (?) 4 weeks (or 4 months) whatever comes sooner. Tinting job is great. Please share the % across the board.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Awesome, really looking awesome!!!

This color pisses me off, I like that shade of it, but not too sure!!!:D:D:confused: Seems to look better to ME in cloudy days than in bright sun!

I really like it nonetheless!:D:cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
Awesome, really looking awesome!!!

This color pisses me off, I like that shade of it, but not too sure!!!:D:D:confused: Seems to look better to ME in cloudy days than in bright sun!

I really like it nonetheless!:D:cool:

Thanks....

The color is what sold us on this one... I wanted a red car when I bought the KIA... In 45 years of buying cars, I have never owned a red one...

I like it bright or shady... but I agree, it does look "deeper" in the shade...

·
Registered
101 Posts
nice, im thinking about tint too... what %'s did you use?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bulldogger said:
The percentages are in his post. ;)

Nice ride, but why are you parked on the side walk? ;)
Parked on the sidewalk strictly for the pics... I have a '64 Ford F100 in the driveway that woulda prevented me from getting the correct angle for the shots I wanted... besides, I wanted to see if the AWD worked :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brooksie1of1 said:
nice, im thinking about tint too... what %'s did you use?
All I know is what I said in the post... the paperwork says 35 rear and 20 front... whatever that means... I did the 35 on the front of my Ram, and I gotta roll down the window at nite sometimes to see where I am turning into, etc.. so I told the tinting dude, keep it legal for Alabama... (of course, in the 3 years I have had the Ram at the darker front tint, I have never even been looked at by the law)...:cool:

·
Registered
285 Posts
GypsyBill said:
All I know is what I said in the post... the paperwork says 35 rear and 20 front... whatever that means... I did the 35 on the front of my Ram, and I gotta roll down the window at nite sometimes to see where I am turning into, etc.. so I told the tinting dude, keep it legal for Alabama... (of course, in the 3 years I have had the Ram at the darker front tint, I have never even been looked at by the law)...:cool:
The percentage means how much ambien light the tint lets through. i.e. 35% tint only lets 35% of the sunlight come inside the car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
GypsyBill said:
I believe they may have wrote it down backwards. Looks like 35 front 20 rear to me. Did the same on my car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PAJeep said:
I believe they may have wrote it down backwards. Looks like 35 front 20 rear to me. Did the same on my car.
Hell could be :) , lets just suffice to say.. darker in back, lighter in front..:D

Actually, I probably read the numbers backasswards as I only glanced at the warrenty paperwork :rolleyes: ... Sooooooooo I will re-read and repost..

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Nice looking tint!

GypsyBill said:
Sorta washed out the pic of the sill guard...
I thought that door sill gaurd went on the plastic part. Hmm, oh well, I guess that's a better spot...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice job Bill,
I just got back from Drunkin Donuts I took Deb's Caliber cause she was sleeping still:D I sat on the patio drinking my coffee looking at the Cal, and said to myself, Self, she needs window tint. This I will get done this week when our son comes over for dinner. (son works for food)
Put the Cal thru her pases on the way home, she flew shifting manually all 6 speeds. Maybe a chip is in order for her in the future:cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GOT said:
Nice looking tint!

I thought that door sill gaurd went on the plastic part. Hmm, oh well, I guess that's a better spot...

Thanks...

On the sills: I guess they figure the plastic is easier to maintain than the paint... I do tend to drag my foot across the plastic more than I do the sill... I think they are more of a "dress-up" accessorie rather than a practical one.. I like 'em but I do think they were overpriced...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mike said:
Nice job Bill,
I just got back from Drunkin Donuts I took Deb's Caliber cause she was sleeping still:D I sat on the patio drinking my coffee looking at the Cal, and said to myself, Self, she needs window tint. This I will get done this week when our son comes over for dinner. (son works for food)
Put the Cal thru her pases on the way home, she flew shifting manually all 6 speeds. Maybe a chip is in order for her in the future:cool:
Thanks. I went back to the dealer to pickup some paper work right after the tint job and they wanted to take a picture of the car with the tint to show customers... guess no one else had been back with tint...

·
Registered
285 Posts
GypsyBill said:
Thanks. I went back to the dealer to pickup some paper work right after the tint job and they wanted to take a picture of the car with the tint to show customers... guess no one else had been back with tint...
Sounds like they need to compensate you for using your car for advertising. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts