Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all you pic whores out there ;) just got done adding some tintage and a shiny new subwoofer to augment my caliber. Pics to follow

Origionally planned for limo in the back 5 and nothing on the driver/pass (since it is illegal here in alberta) but after bieng told I wouldn't be able to see out my rear windows at night I went with a sub limo tint on the back and threw caution to the wind and put a light tint on the driver/pass because I think it would just look stupid if they weren't done.

Also for more much needed bump I added a Kicker S10L5 sub

And the amp driving it, a kicker SX-650.1 stashed neatly and conviniently.

On a side note, the caliber seems to be very well insulated, pushing the sub near full tilt warrants very little noise for other motorists/pedestrians.

Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice job! Looks Amazing! I am in Edmonton and will do the front windows as well....i agree....no tint in front looks funny! What percentages did you get if you don't mind?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I couldn't tell you :( the shop where I had the tint applied only had the tints on a graph on the wall, the tints went Limo, Very Dark, Dark, Light, Very Light. I went with very dark on the back and very light on the driver/pass. Although I'm sure some of the guys on here will be able to tell you roughly what percentages it is just on seeing the tint.

·
Registered
182 Posts
12am said:
Unfortunately I couldn't tell you :( the shop where I had the tint applied only had the tints on a graph on the wall, the tints went Limo, Very Dark, Dark, Light, Very Light. I went with very dark on the back and very light on the driver/pass. Although I'm sure some of the guys on here will be able to tell you roughly what percentages it is just on seeing the tint.
Car looks great! I am going to print it off and bring it to the tint shop next week and ask for the same. Thanks!
Cheers!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx for the nice comment, by the way what color is your caliber? because I know where I went they had colored tints as well, so if the black doesn't match your car's color that well you could have another color more closely integrated to your car put on, but black just went so naturally with the yellow I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
182 Posts
12am said:
Thx for the nice comment, by the way what color is your caliber? because I know where I went they had colored tints as well, so if the black doesn't match your car's color that well you could have another color more closely integrated to your car put on, but black just went so naturally with the yellow I couldn't resist.
Sunburst orange. So i think black is my only option:D . Orange tint would be un-cool! I have seen silver and blue before. But, why mess with a good thing....black tint looks great!
Cheers!

·
Registered
97 Posts
da sub looks dangerous....... nice job... tints look great.... :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
The sub looks great. Don't worry about hiding it in a default spot. That gaudy piece of musical weaponry should be displayed proudly :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
i wanna know how he got it hooked up... does he have the boston sound?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
R/TOgilvie said:
Hey, I know that Alberta's a big province and all, but do you live in Edmonton, and by chance shop at the Superstore and parked next to a white Caliber recently?
No I live in Calgary so that couldn't have been me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mudstone said:
i wanna know how he got it hooked up... does he have the boston sound?
No I have the stock stereo (well not so stock anymore lol) kept the stock headunit aswell. Just bought a converter that allows you to hook up a sub to a headunit that doesn't have rca input.
As for camoflaugeing it in the same spot as in the musicgate package there would be no way.. that is only meant for a small 8" driver and this is a square 10". Been thinking about dropping the same sub but a 12" in there instead as the 10" doesn't hit the low notes like I am used to hearing.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Nice looking tint. I've been wondering what that was in you avatar...

12am said:
On a side note, the caliber seems to be very well insulated, pushing the sub near full tilt warrants very little noise for other motorists/pedestrians.
I've noticed the same thing. I have to roll the windows down to hear the motor better. I remember my Omni being very noisy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
12am said:
Just bought a converter that allows you to hook up a sub to a headunit that doesn't have rca input.
where did you buy this... im very very interested in one of these for mine

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
any car audio store should carry them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts