Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any proble:eek: ms with their lights? I bought my new Caliber on 5/6. Six days later the rear turn signal quit working and the turn signal indicator inside clicked very fast. Took it to dealer and was told, after two days, it was a broken wire in rear quarter panel. Fortunately I had an extended contract so had rental car from day one. Picked it up. two weeks later it did it again and this time it was a TIPM (totally integrated power module) it took three days to get it. Have had it back 5 days and everything o.k., but am waiting for next thing. Other then that I really like it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
honestly.... any time i have ever had my blinker blink crazy fast.... all i needed to do was change a bulb... i wonder if these dodge mechanics aren't OVER anticipating the bugs and quirks with a new car and well overlooking the easy simple stuff

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sounds like you just got a bad example for the wiring there. Hopefully those will be the only few things that go wrong. But I think you're the first I've seen with that issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the blinker was blinking fast the first thing I did was have the bulb checked. Wasn't it. According to tech who fixed it, no power getting to the bulb. I too hope this is the only problem I have cause really like the little red machine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Mary,

I had the exact same problem when I got mine, they fixed it in 30 minutes. It actually happened only 15 minutes after I got it, I was so pissed!

Apparently, my dealer had to fix a couple of callies with the same problem...

Good luck!

·
Registered
285 Posts
DaveXC said:
Hi Mary,

I had the exact same problem when I got mine, they fixed it in 30 minutes. It actually happened only 15 minutes after I got it, I was so pissed!

Tell your tech that it is a problem with something they called the "T-PIN" (or something like that). It's an electronic box that is controlling all the accessories (lights, blinkers, etc). They had to change it and since then, no more problemo!

Apparently, my dealer had to fix a couple of callies with the same problem...

Good luck!
Sounds like a body control module problem. But you would think with the Caliber being mostly multiplexed, a problem with the BCM or something else in the system would have set off a light on the dash.

·
Registered
901 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
ejfb said:
It was out of blinker fluid, blinker fluid needs to be checked on a regular basis.
Here is a link to order some, so you can have it on hand. :D

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=6
WTF is that shit!:D:D:D:D I want that effin Butt Dyno!!!!!!!:D:D

At least they got it fixed for you Mary!

I went to test drive one about a month ago and they said they could not let me because the TIMP was faulty, I was not about to ask what it was....now I know!!:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
TIPM = Totally Integrated Power Module
They've basically replaced theh nice simple fuse box with a computer (that still has some fuses). Theory goes that by getting rid of a bunch of relays and replacing them with a computer-controlled output, you make the system more reliable. It's also easier to configure for all sorts of different stuff. The Dodge/Chrysler minivans have something like this as well as the RAM.... I guess they'll be putting them in everything soon... I wonder if the problems that people are having are with the hardware/wiring or software. In theory, the hardware should be more reliable, but who knows on software....

Also, the Caliber doesn't have a body controller per se (BCM) but there's all sorts of crap on the bus on this car! I don't think the rest of the modules on the Bus need to set a light -- only safety/emissions crap (not sure though). It's possible to have faults set on various computers on the car without setting a light.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That kind of reminds me of the "lamp out warning module" in the explorer I used to drive.. one day it fried, along with my left headlamp... thanks to the internet, I was able to cut the stupid module out, bypass it, and restore my headlights. Otherwise it would have been a $200+ repair at the dealer :eek:

Of course, my car then never let me know that a lamp was out since the module was gone, but really, how hard is it to figure out you need to replace a bulb, right? :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts