Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At my last oil change I had the dealership rotate the tires, and now the TPMS display on the EVIC reads up-side-down. So if I add air to my left front tire the tire pressure reading on the EVIC's left REAR tire increases. I've never had a system like this in a car before, and I don't know if it is normal or not. I also don't know if there is a way to reset the system relative to the positions of the tires. The owner's manual does not address this at all.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The Service Manual says the Tire Pressure Trigger Module will automatically learn the positions of the tires on the vehicle. It says to drive the vehicle for at least 10 minutes with the speed above 15 mph.

Give it a try. I will look farther and see if I can find anything else.

It says when activated, I don't know how to activate it. I will keep looking.

Good Luck

Mike

Here is where I found that.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Here is what you are looking for.

I learned a few things while reading. The batteries in the TPM in the valve stem are not serviceable. The manual says the batteries should last 10 years, but you have to replace the TPM when the battery is dead.

The manual also states do not put these in aftermarket rims, and when you remove one, you need to replace the washer and rubber seal and torque them to spec.

later

Mike

·
Registered
377 Posts
Last I heard you have to re-train the tires after rotating. This should be explained in the owners manual. You have to start it in the via the vehicle display and then use a magnet tool to reset each tire. This site explains the process in detail: http://www.wjjeeps.com/tpms.htm

·
Registered
153 Posts
Probably very expensive. It talks about 3 sensors 1 for each of the front corners and 1 on the passenger side rear. I don't know why it only talks about 3, unless the drivers rear is picked up by the passenger rear sensor. Then you obviously need the transmitters in each wheel, and probably a computer flash to tell it you have that option.

I would say probably not worth the money just to monitor tire pressure. It is kinda cool, but I usually check my tire pressure once a week anyways.

Clockmaker, please let us know if it picks up the tire rotation automatically. The book talks about lowering the pressure on 1 tire to 20 lbs to see which one the computer thinks it is to check it.

The manual even talks about using the correct valve cap to keep moisture out.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
911 Posts
Actually you would need the convenience group as well to make the tire pressure monitor work. The tire pressures display under the gas/heat gauges which isn't there unless you get the convenience group. In other words, it ain't happening!!!

Very few things that are optional items can be added on later. Thats why you buy the car you want the first time...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's been weeks since I had my tires rotated, and the sensor has never reset itself to properly show the tire positions. Maybe I'm blind or stupid, but I didn't get any helpful information out of those service manual pages you posted. the car has sat for over 19 minutes many times and been driven at over 15mph for more than 10 minutes constantly many times as well since then. The system has not reset. It shows my wheels upside down (front wheels on bottom and rear on top).

·
Registered
153 Posts
clockmaker,

I just went back through the manual, and it clearly states there is not a retrain procedure.

Call the dealer. There is a problem.

I will post this information in a few minutes. Have to copy it and make a picture, and upload and then post here.

later

Mike

·
Registered
153 Posts
Alright,

Here is an easier page from the manual to understand.

There is no formal retraining procedure necessary.

This page is the end of the chapter on rotating tires and servicing tires.

If it is not working properly, it is time to call the dealer.

Later

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts