Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been lurking for the past few days and must say, this is a really good forum with a broad spectrum of folks involved... hopefully I can stay awhile...

Anyway.. I am the proud owner of a Inferno Red R/T that I got off the lot on Memorial Day... but let me digress some. Prior to about 15 months ago, my main transportation was an '03 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 48RE, LSD long wheel base.. (we tow a 10,000lb 5th wheel trailer with it)... love the truck and will keep it until the Cummins wears out... but decided we really needed a second car.. went to Dodge looking for something on a smaller scale that was not a truck.. while the Neon sorta fit the bill, we wanted a little more utility.. so we ended up (don't run me off now) with a nice brown colored '05 Kia Sportage... loaded.. turned out to be a good little "cute ute". Well along comes the Caliber and I say, "sh*t, where were you 15 months ago?". Well the more I saw the commercials, the more I read about it, the more I just had to go "look" at one.. that was Sunday the 28th of May... test drove the R/T. Went home with some literature, thought on it, slept on it, called the salesmen the next morning and said we will be there before noon (the 29th).. as we park, the salesmen meets us at the car as another couple and saleman approach... I say, I want that one.. about an hour later, the dealer has the Kia and I have the Caliber.. made me a good deal (although I had to pay sticker minus rebate to get what my Kia was worth), at least we were both happy..

We now have 700 miles on it, I have added the sill guards, the bug shield, splash guards and will take it tomorrow for window tinting... (then I will take some pics and post them here)...

Complaints: None really except for the "Caliber Click" and not getting to drive it enough (but the weekend is coming)...

About me... well I sorta fit the "older generation" that appreciates good vehicles... been a hot-rodder of sorts all my life, rode Harleys since before they were "in", retired USAF (after 24 years) and still work for the Fed.. oh, age, 61, but whose counting..

Ok, more info than needed.. but noone ever accused me of being shy...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sounds like a nice car....well...it's a Caliber...so i guess it is :D ! Welcome to the funny farm we call the Caliberforums.com! Great group of people here! Congrats on yer ride!
Cheers!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the Caliber Kingdom! It's a good place to live!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Congrats on the Caliber and welcome to caliberforums!!:):):)

I am glad to see that you are enjoying the Caliber! I think you will fit right in here!

We need pictures, so get the tint done and drop some pictures for me to drool over!!:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ahh another IF R/T owner!! Welcome my man, and enjoy the Cali!:cool:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!! There are definately the good and the "odd" here. LOL

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome... looks like this will be a good place to hang around...

Windows are tinted and I posted the pictures in the Pictures/Media Forum.. hope you like..:)

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Welcome GB, from another "older generation" rodder/biker!
I'm copying one of your pics over here, for those that don't wanna search...
Very nice!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
So that's what the hood deflector is for... Deflect pedestrians while you're driving on the sidewalk. Excellent idea. Keeps the windshield repair bills to a minimum.

Just noticed your comment about keeping the Ram until the cummins wears out. I'm glad you like it, cause that cummins might last longer than you do. :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Amandyke said:
So that's what the hood deflector is for... Deflect pedestrians while you're driving on the sidewalk. Excellent idea. Keeps the windshield repair bills to a minimum.

Just noticed your comment about keeping the Ram until the cummins wears out. I'm glad you like it, cause that cummins might last longer than you do. :D
Yep, until I can get a snowplow attachment on the Caliber the "bug deflector" will just have to do for them pesky pedestrians:D ..

and yep, love the truck and figure it, as you say, most likely will "out live" me..:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts