Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! I'm new here, bau I've got a Caliber since eight month ago...
I want to upholster with leather the center arm… Somebody has done this?
Not more... thanks!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Welcome to the board.

As for your question...

I'm not sure I understand 100% what your asking?

·
Registered
432 Posts
There have been many posts suggesting that the drivers side armrest needs some padding, perhaps our new friend is suggesting that something similar also be done with the centre console armrest using leather to cover whatever padding is used.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
that's a good idea! try it and let us know the results.... also welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
246 Posts
ABF said:
Hi everybody! I'm new here, bau I've got a Caliber since eight month ago...
I want to upholster with leather the center arm… Somebody has done this?
Not more... thanks!
Welcome ABF to Caliber Forums!!! The LX platform suffers the same problem with it's hard centre console. James at 22Elite, a supporting vendor at www.300cforums, has done tons of these padded consoles for the 300, Charger & Magnum and is highly regarded for his quality workmanship.

No guarantees, but it might be worth a shot to ask him if he'd consider this for the Caliber as well. You can either fill in the "Contact Us" information HERE, or send an e-mail to Erica at [email protected]. Please let us know what they say.

Medic

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody for your answers! excuse me if I don't explain very well my question, I'm from Canary Island and english is not my native language.
Really I want to upholster the centre arm of my car (only the cover of the centre console), I did the same work with my steering wheel and it was very well.
tTe centre arm (centre console) has a problem, it slides ahead and back and to upholster it with skin, can stop this movement… (this say me the upholsterer that made my steering wheel a few weeks ago).
I'm sure that if you make carefully this work, you can upholster the centre console… only the cover, this is the thing that I wish to upholster with leather.
Thanks again… Mr. Medic, I will contact with the person you indicate me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
live it alone why buy the car to change it,. hell theres one hear with a pice of play wood under the licincs plate scewed in to the back bumper that says "jims cally" live them how they are or atlest do it right

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
ty_s said:
live it alone why buy the car to change it,. hell theres one hear with a pice of play wood under the licincs plate scewed in to the back bumper that says "jims cally" live them how they are or atlest do it right
in my mind the fact that its MY car is the exact reason why to make it the way i like it. When you buy a car its seldom exactly down to the last detail what you would invision as the perfect vehicle. You can get pretty damn close though :) but there are always improvements to be made. To some a car is a tool to get to point A to point B, but for me its actually part of my hobby.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Medic said:
Welcome ABF to Caliber Forums!!! The LX platform suffers the same problem with it's hard centre console. James at 22Elite, a supporting vendor at "..............", has done tons of these padded consoles for the 300, Charger & Magnum and is highly regarded for his quality workmanship.

No guarantees, but it might be worth a shot to ask him if he'd consider this for the Caliber as well. You can either fill in the "Contact Us" information "........", or send an e-mail to Erica at "..............." Please let us know what they say.

Medic
This is the answer of 22elite:

"If it is possible we can do it, let me run by a Dodge dealer and see if they will let me check one out. Or if you know of any forum members in Dallas, TX they could stop by for us to check it out. Let me know"

When I have more news, I'll tell you them, and those who are interested in this mod.

Thanks everybody ang good evening.

·
Registered
246 Posts
ABF said:
This is the answer of 22elite:

"If it is possible we can do it, let me run by a Dodge dealer and see if they will let me check one out. Or if you know of any forum members in Dallas, TX they could stop by for us to check it out. Let me know"

When I have more news, I'll tell you them, and those who are interested in this mod.

Thanks everybody ang good evening.
Sounding like good news ABF! James also does custom work too. Here's a recent pic he did for a Super Bee SRT8 console cover. Notice the colour match is perfect.

Medic

·
Registered
967 Posts
Medic said:
Sounding like good news ABF! James also does custom work too. Here's a recent pic he did for a Super Bee SRT8 console cover. Notice the colour match is perfect.

Medic
I think the only problem (at least for srt4's) Is my center has a flip up for an ipod or cell phone. Don't know if it can be worked around.

But I like the idea, I want my doors done as they scratch or blemish very easily and impossible to remove

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Just cover that stupid ipod holder up, no one uses it.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Simple solution,
Make a tightfit fiberglass cover/hat
Upholster with the material of choice
Slip it over or double stick tape it to the console.
I won't bother with mines but a project like this should go really fast.

·
Registered
967 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
hey! i use it (for an expired parking pass that i keep forgetting to bring inside with me) :rolleyes:
X2...I can't stand those stupid bluetooth earbuds and everyone hates my car plug in bluetooth set (echos on their end) So I just throw my cell in that little holder turn on speaker and auto answer after 2 rings and talk as I drive/shift.

Very handy (to me) since everyone seems to call only when I'm driving

1 - 20 of 22 Posts