Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a Caliber without the security package, so I didn't get the tonneau cover. Those of you that have it - do you like it? What's the quality like? If I order the piece from my dealer, is it easy enough to install myself? I've looked on eBay for them, but haven't had any luck so far. If anyone has seen them out there on a Mopar site or something, let me know.

Thanks. :cool:

Edit: Looks like I didn't look hard enough the first time - www.dodgeparts.com has the security cover on their site. Oh well... the other questions still apply. :p

·
Registered
67 Posts
i guess its good for covering stuff, but if someones going to break in the back window there going to do it anyway. they are even probably more inclined to do it if it is closed thinking there is something under it. my suggestion is dont keep anything back there and dont close it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I love the tonneau cover. I was very used to this feature since my Isuzu Trooper's both had that option. Without a trunk, there is no way to hide your gear if someone smashes and grabs, so you can at least hide some of your goodies. My best friend is a police officer and he brought this flaw to my attention. He tells me when he has spendy gear (ie: parachute) in his trunk, he'll often lock it up with extra chain and bolt it to his car somehow.

It is very easy to install and/or remove. If your rear seats are reclined, you can move the cover to a back set of indents or vice versa. Think of it as a longer toilet paper roller, installs the same way. Works like roll up shades if you will.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Caliber I test drove had one.

Like MetroAWD said, it installs like toilet paper and rolls up like window shades. If you look in the cargo area, there are little slots on the walls behind the backseats where you slide in the cover. There are two positions. One for normal backseat position and another one where you recline the backseats.

If someone is going to break into your car, they'll do it anyway. But in NYC, it's out of sight, out of mind. If someone sees expensive tools in your cargo area, the chances of them smashing in is higher than if it were covered.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a cover on Focus STW (I'm trading it to my ordered Caliber). It was very handy but after I tinted my windows it came useless. So if you tint your windows you don't probably need the cover anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts