Dodge Caliber Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for caliber forums you will easily find Caliberforums, <edited by admin>, Dodgeforum etc.; and these forums look the same, you see the same people and topics on several forums; why not one forum?

·
Registered
246 Posts
ps-amazon said:
looking for caliber forums you will easily find Caliberforums, <edited by admin>, Dodgeforum etc.; and these forums look the same, you see the same people and topics on several forums; why not one forum?
They're all owned by competing "owners". One you have mentioned has been edited from your post as they were using this site to promote their own by sending unsolicited PM's. This will not be open for discussion however, so please don't ask for details. The site in question is filtered from this site. Hope that answers your question.

Medic

·
Registered
687 Posts
As much as I think it's GREAT that people setup these forums, I think the companies themself (in this case DCX) should have a forum dedicated for each product. I'd like to see DCX be the first car manufacture to model the several software companies that have forums setup for their customers to communicate + & -'s about the product directly to the engineers who designed it. I'd have the forum setup to only allow people with a valid VIN# to register to the board using a password setup at time of purchase. This would eliminate those DCX haters that do not own one from acting as if they do and spreading rummors about the company or product. TSB's and any recalls could be posted openly by the company rather than customers finding them on the internet. It's not a question of if customers can find this information, because they will always be able to find it. If a customer feels this would help to build trust within DCX's customers and with it comes more understanding when/if problems arise.

·
Registered
432 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
As much as I think it's GREAT that people setup these forums, I think the companies themself (in this case DCX) should have a forum dedicated for each product. I'd like to see DCX be the first car manufacture to model the several software companies that have forums setup for their customers to communicate + & -'s about the product directly to the engineers who designed it. I'd have the forum setup to only allow people with a valid VIN# to register to the board using a password setup at time of purchase. This would eliminate those DCX haters that do not own one from acting as if they do and spreading rummors about the company or product. TSB's and any recalls could be posted openly by the company rather than customers finding them on the internet. It's not a question of if customers can find this information, because they will always be able to find it. If a customer feels this would help to build trust within DCX's customers and with it comes more understanding when/if problems arise.

I agree but doubt the corporate execs will see the value of such a move.

When I suggested advising owners about TSB's they just ignored the suggestion.

It is a short sighted view, in my opinion, since customer loyalty is a tangible value which would be enhanced by adopting many of the suggestions contained in the posts on this forum.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well one thing I think DCX did right is allowing the SRT Engineers to come to all of ekool's sites to conduct chat sessions. Name me one other car maker doing that! The fact they chose this and our sister sites to do it gives credibility to these forums. DCX reads YOUR input too and frequent these sites, maybe more than any of us realize. I feel this can have an effect on future product development too, so in a sense they do "listen" to us.

Medic

·
Registered
447 Posts
As much as I think it's GREAT that people setup these forums, I think the companies themself (in this...
That is an excellent idea! Talk about customer service! They could even dedicate a group of people to man the forums and address issues as they arise and act as a liason between dealership, corporate, and customer. That's just too amazing a prospect for words. You sir deserve some kind of award for that idea.

Make sure it happens!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Medic said:
They're all owned by competing "owners". One you have mentioned has been edited from your post as they were using this site to promote their own by sending unsolicited PM's. This will not be open for discussion however, so please don't ask for details. The site in question is filtered from this site. Hope that answers your question.

Medic
what is this? you edit the things I ask? <edited by admin>, "no discussion", "don't ask" etc.....Listen mister medic, we don't live in Russia during de Cold War anymore, please no censorship

let me ask what I want and give the answer I ask for: why must I look in three ore more forums to get the right information, read the topics there are and have contact with all the Caliberowners? What are you planning to do about this ridiculous situation? Don't just sit in your kingdom looking only inside.....

·
Registered
976 Posts
Just try the same thing on the other forums and see how they deal
with you,I was banned on one of them.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
ps-amazon said:
what is this? you edit the things I ask? <edited by admin>, "no discussion", "don't ask" etc.....Listen mister medic, we don't live in Russia during de Cold War anymore, please no censorship

let me ask what I want and give the answer I ask for: why must I look in three ore more forums to get the right information, read the topics there are and have contact with all the Caliberowners? What are you planning to do about this ridiculous situation? Don't just sit in your kingdom looking only inside.....
With all do respect ps-amazon, I believe your question was answered regarding why censorship to that forum:

Medic said:
One you have mentioned has been edited from your post as they were using this site to promote their own by sending unsolicited PM's.
bigtsr said:
Just try the same thing on the other forums and see how they deal
with you,I was banned on one of them.
Exactly right, I have been on numerous forums and many react the same way.

That is just how it has to be sometimes, which all relates to the "Free Market" Economy where competition is all around.

·
Registered
246 Posts
ps-amazon said:

This is not open for discussion. When you joined this or any forum you agreed to abide by its rules. One of the rules was that posts could be edited or deleted at the administrators/moderators discression. We are not obligated to ask your permission or send you a PM to explain our actions.

This has nothing to do with freedom of speech, cold war or anything else. This is a private site you have chosen to be a member of. You are free to post here, just as you are free to post in other forums following their rules.

PM sent.

Medic

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm a member of many forums in the Netherlands and we are used to be complimentary or critical when we think that's necessary and I think the people over here communicate more strongly worded than you are used to; we have no hidden feelings but a strong, for you maybe excessive, freedom of speech.

You are the first to threaten me with a ban, but that's no problem for me, do so if you feel comfortable with it, there are enough other Caliber forums.

But editing the name of a rival forum will not solve anything, you can ignore another forum but that other forum will exist and your action makes that competitor at most stronger; it also doesn't solve the problem you obvious have

If you can't beat them, jointhem.....better for you, me and all the other members that have to surf to all that other forums

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you can't beat them, jointhem.....better for you, me and all the other members that have to surf to all that other forums
Ummm...actually no. This site has minimal juvenile behavior as compared to some other sites and i for one appreciate that and hope that it can stay that way. Lumping sites all together just because they all are related to the Caliber would just bring the maturity level of this site way down. I am also a member of several other car related sites and some of those are downright impossible to gather information from due to all the bickering, complaining and the like. Lets keep that element away from this site as long as we can.

And to be honest...Medic editing your post didnt keep you from getting your point across that other Caliber related sites exist, so I dont understand why it upset you so. Stick around awhile, I think you will see this is the cream of the crop when it comes to Caliber sites.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DJRaz said:
Stick around awhile, I think you will see this is the cream of the crop when it comes to Caliber sites.
I visit the site with the s and with the z and I see no difference in layout, topics and many members; what I see is that it takes more time to answer or ask things twice; that's the only thing I wanted to discuss about....

·
Registered
246 Posts
I believe there's no point in dragging this thing out, making more of it than it actually is. The question has been answered and it's time to move on. It was a simple question and given a simple answer. A merger is never going to happen. I too belong to many forums and tend to settle with a few favourites I frequent on a regular basis.

These sites are all independantly owned and governed each site owner's rules. All have their own unique character, which is a good thing. We are not here as Big Brother, but simply here to keep the peace and ensure the site owners policy is followed.

Most of what a moderator does consists of quietly moving threads, keeping the spammers at bay and other mundane duties to keep the board operating smoothly, all behind the scenes and on a voluntary basis. With that in mind, this thread has served its useful purpose. Someone find a moderator and close this thread.:D

Medic

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.