Dodge Caliber Forums banner

top questions re: SRT-4 Caliber.

8K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  Raz 
#1 ·
I think the big questions are:
-AWD/FWD or both (awd optional)?
-Whats the price-range on this thing?
-When can we expect them to hit showrooms by?

are there any others?

#6 ·
225/19 " tires? Tall and skinney? You would think this thing should have 285/19" at least. OH well.

But I guess crewzer tires will work. Just to drive around the hood in.:cool:

But I think a lot will depend on what size meats you can fit under the car er uh wagon or is it a suv thing:eek: ?

#11 ·
Here's something that may make you reconsider..

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

BMW 3 Series (Top Safety Pick): good front, good side, acceptable seat/head restraint
Lexus IS (Top Safety Pick): good front, good side, acceptable seat/head restraint
Acura TSX: good front
Infiniti G35: good front
Hyundai Sonata: good frontal, acceptable side, good seat/head restraint
Pontiac G6: good front
Ford Fusion: acceptable front, poor side (Only car to recieve "acceptable" front and "poor" side)

http://www.iihs.org/news/rss/pr030506.html

#12 ·
I am not a Ford guy, but decided to try it anywas. i was quite impressed. interior/ride/handling/features, just a good package, but i like power and it was soft on the low end, but I think they are programmed that way through break in since the 05 Vic I droove that day did the same thing.

#13 ·
I'm not trying to make you hate ford or anything lol (although it'd be cool if you did :D) I'm just trying to let ya know that the Fusion isn't that safe of a car.. :)

#14 ·
Haha, that's OK, at times I am not that safe of a driver hehe. It's not that I think 29995 isn't still a great deal, for what you get it most definatly is, but that's about 4k more than what I can get a loaded Fusion for. Ah, i am so confused on this car buying thing, gotta decide LOL

#15 ·
didnt the fusion like.. fail those crahs tests?
BMW 3 Series......Top Safety Pick..good front..........good side....acceptable seat/head restraint
Lexus IS.............Top Safety Pick..good front..........good side....acceptable seat/head restraint
Acura TSX...................................good front..........
Infiniti G35..................................good front..........
Ford Fusion.................................acceptable front...poor side
Hyundai Sonata...........................good frontal........acceptable side...good seat/head restraint
Pontiac G6..................................good front...........

#17 ·
I don't know how many people chose the Mazdaspeed Protoge over the Neon SRT-4 because it was within a couple dollars and available, and then really wished they waited for the underrated SRT-4.

I look at it this way... The Neon SRT-4 is a great deal, at about $21K MSRP. Add in S3R turbo upgrade to get it to 300 whp hp for about $3.6K and toss the powertrain warranty out the window at about 150 mph.

Not including install costs ( I charge about $600- $800 for an S3R upgrade, and I'm under priced), a comparably powered SRT-4 Neon and SRT-4 Caliber are almost the same price, except the Caliber version has a warranty and room for easy improvements.

Maybe I'm just desensitized to the whole $5 and a beercan thing, but the Caliber SRT-4 is priced just as aggressively as the Neon SRT-4 was.

It's also a nicer car, in my opinion.

Regards,
Dale

#21 ·
Sorry, meant 24,995 LOL. I was just thinking about a lower payemnt between the 2, also my GTP is having issues now, but I can try to get another year out of her LOL, or see if my dad wants to get eh Fusion (trade in my GTP and his Lumina) then take over payments on the Fusion in a year.

#22 ·
Oh, lol, you had me wondering what kinda weed you were smoking. :D

That might work, but still, get a Caliber. :p

#23 ·
Ah, i am going back to plan 1, put the parts i got at the house on the GTPO, get a trans cooler, find someone who knows what they are doing to fix my front end issues and have fun with it until time to get me an SRT-4 LOL. i love power adder induced rides :D

#24 ·
caliber4whoosh said:
Yeah, it's supposedly far lower than $25k...

Gotta wait I guess..
Goddamn it, I want a Caliber SRT-4!
NOW!
I dont mean to be a jerk, dont take offence but... aren't you 14 years old?

You already have your eyes set on buying an SRT vehicle...? lol, let me know what YOU do to earn money... I want some of THAT action.

Well, that and i'm pretty sure you're going to need a driver's licence first.

Ahh well, i'm just messin' with ya dude... shit, i'm 20 and it'll be a hard time affording one of these beasts... by the time you're ready they'll probably have an entirely NEW SRT4 vehicle ready and waiting.

#26 ·
Ironside said:
I dont mean to be a jerk, dont take offence but... aren't you 14 years old?

You already have your eyes set on buying an SRT vehicle...? lol, let me know what YOU do to earn money... I want some of THAT action.

Well, that and i'm pretty sure you're going to need a driver's licence first.

Ahh well, i'm just messin' with ya dude... shit, i'm 20 and it'll be a hard time affording one of these beasts... by the time you're ready they'll probably have an entirely NEW SRT4 vehicle ready and waiting.
Who said that I was buying it? I will hopefully get a new car for my 16th birthday if I stay on the straight A honor roll until then. I'm doing great so far. :D

I get $200/month allowance.

Like I said, when I'm 16.

No offence taken. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.