Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I was driving my brand new Dodge Caliber. Literally two weeks old, and well this other guy decided to try and run a red light. So I swirved around him (he was going east, I was going south) My light changed while I did this and barely missed the (not very good driver). So I started out to clear the intersection (keep in mind, that by now my light had changed to red, so technically speaking I was running the red light, although I really had no choice... And all of a sudden I was t-boned!!!!!!! My brand new Caliber.... :( So now it is in the body shop, I am waiting to find out if it is a total write off or if they are just going to repair it. The part that makes this story sad, as though it wasn't sad enough, is that the appraiser is having a hard time making up the quote because the car is so new :( that he has to do everything the old style way and actually look things up and wait on quotes, instead of just getting the computer to do all of the work. Emphasis on the "car is so new" part. So I guess what I am trying to say is that I just need others to empathize with me on this very sad moment in my life.. Oh yea, and just so everyone can see where I am in the world go here to the www . frappr. com/ caliberownersworldwide (make sure to take out the spaces in between everything there... (if you need to ask why then feel free to private msg me sometime) I am the most northerly point in Alberta, Canada.

Cheers!

·
Registered
357 Posts
NOOOOO!!!!! :( so all the bags deployed, the special doorbars and frame worked as promised and you are here relatively unharmed right? cuz that is the most important thing. the car can be replaced or repaired but there is only one of you.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wish you the best!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I feel your pain about the car. I had only put about 75 KM. on mine when the deer decided to have a closer look at the front end. Now I to have to wait and see how long it will take to repair because it is so new. I wish you luck.

·
Registered
97 Posts
so, sorry about that.... I also wish you luck...

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's brutal!!!:eek: So sorry to hear about your loss, man! With any luck, your Cali will be ok! But remember, though; BlueHawaii was right. That car, beautiful as she was, can be replaced. She did her job and "took the bullet" for you, so you can be around here a little longer! :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
i'm glad everyone is alrite... that is what really matters but i show a bit of interest in how the car held up? how fast was the car that hit you going? and what did the damage to the caliber look like? also got any photos? you should have taken some just in case the apraisal is garbage...

·
Registered
126 Posts
That is such a shame. I hope all is well and whether or not the Caliber is totaled, the main thing is that you were not killed. Cars are replaceable, lives are not.

·
Registered
203 Posts
:( Sorry to hear about another messed up Caliber... just glad you are ok... from what you are saying, my little "fender bender" was nothing... good luck and keep us informed as to the outcome..:(

·
Registered
92 Posts
OH Man... I am sooooo sorry. I know this has to suck!!
Thank goodness you are ok, which is what matters most...
The caliber is in the system for repairs at the body shop. Well it was in the shop I went to about my paint scratch/chip.
Good Luck, hopefully they will decide real soon so you can go buy another one.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i still am interested in some pictures of the damage and how well the car held up to the impact... also how expensive it provesto be...

·
Banned
400 Posts
Definitely sorry to hear that, just remember that you can get another Caliber. It's only a temporary setback, but you have your life, which is the ONLY IMPORTANT THING THAT MATTERS!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, glad to hear your okay though.

·
Registered
901 Posts
OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Very glad to hear you're OK.

t-boned cars are never the same after repair. so for the sake of future maint problems, it may be better if they total the car.

When you have time to think about it, could you let us know if and how the airbags deployed - particularly the side curtains and the knee blockers.

·
Registered
911 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Very glad to hear you're OK.

t-boned cars are never the same after repair. so for the sake of future maint problems, it may be better if they total the car.

When you have time to think about it, could you let us know if and how the airbags deployed - particularly the side curtains and the knee blockers.
Very true! Once the frame gets bent, the car will never be the same. I don't care if it goes through this $25,000 laser straightener machine, it still will never he right again. I would persuade them into declaring it a totaled vehicle. Maybe they'll get you enough money where you can order another one.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I know it must suck to wait for one, and then get it totaled in less than a month. I would just have to cry if this was me. :(

·
Registered
311 Posts
I definitely empathize with you, particularly since that's how I ended up with the Caliber (front-end damage to my Vibe). All will be well. Oh...just in case the insurance company doesn't see fit to fix the vehicle (i.e. total loss), you should be ready to file the necessary paperwork. ONE important item will be the claim with your GAP Insurance handler. Please tell us that you took that option when signing the deal?

We bid you the best in your wait and we are elated that the vehicle did its job in protecting you.

I'm curious. You've been a member since May and this is your FIRST post to us? Are you dragging us through thorns or are you for real?

Tyke

1 - 20 of 30 Posts