Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten to rock chips in my paint 1 very tiny on my driverside door and another right above the windshield where the roof starts:( never had exp using touch up paint as this is my first ever brand new car purchase i know this stuff happens to cars evryday but i need some input on how or the best way to apply the paint....the lil nicks r so small i only found them because i look real hard at stuff:D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
To cover stone chips on a relatively flat surface like the hood, dip the pointy end of a pin or sewing needle in the touch-up paint and just touch the chip and the paint will neatly cover the mark. Let it dry and polish and buff. The new style TownCars with a slightly sloping hood are notorious for getting stone chips on the top of the hood.

·
Registered
253 Posts
how dare you scrach a CALIBER

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 3 ftt long parking scratch on my Cali. Man it's frustrating! The black paint on my Cali is intact but I find hard to remove the white paint sratch the other vehicle left. Any suggestions on how to remove this?

·
Registered
413 Posts
ty_s said:
how dare you scrach a calaber
How dare you spell CALIBER wrong!!!!..........LOL:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry about that long scratch, I thing the white you see is actually the primer under the paint. The scratch my wife did to my marine blue caliber left the same white line, when she hit a low bronze driveway light. I cleaned up all the light scatches with compound, the rest I used a paint pen. It turned out nice but not perfect, next i'll use Langka to see if that will help any more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a foot long scratch in my driver door from a neighborhood kid. 666.27 to get it fixed .. dang I love Inferno red but man the paint isn't cheap

·
Registered
775 Posts
Anyone have experience on using touch-up paint in a vertical surface? The neighbor kid hit my back bumper with his bicycle, leaving a long scratch down to the primer on the bumper (see picture):

I want to cover it up as best I can. I've heard people talk about high grit sandpaper to blend the touch-up paint in with the original, but I've never done it myself.

I bought a ½ oz bottle of Mopar paint to match the original:

Any helpful hints?

·
Registered
253 Posts
it is caled take it to a body shop and make kids dad pay for it

·
Registered
413 Posts
I would try a compound, polish, then wax first. If that doesn't work... not too sure if the touch up is going to look any better. You may want to do what ty-s said.:eek:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Truckin' or Sport Truck Magazine had a good article about how to properly use the 1/2oz touch up pens for professional finish. From what I remember, they did as most recommended, rubbing compound and then wax. Then use a 1/2oz primer pen, let it dry, then 1/2oz paint pen, let it dry, then 1/2oz clear coat pen, let it dry then use the sandpaper (1000grit?) to feather down the "lump" of clear coat so the scratch fades away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts