Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone...havent been on in a while. I got my 2007 Caliber in August after 14 weeks of waiting. It has been running wonderful and I LOVE IT! I took a hour trip this weekend for a cheer competition and on my return home my check engine light kept coming on. I called the dealer and brought it in and they said they needed to do updates. Well the car was still idoling high, the transmission felt like it was slipping and it was running at 4/5,000 RPMs. I said this is NOT good. I brought it back in and they called and said they coudnt find anything wrong with it. I told them I filled the tank up with gas...take in on the Interstate and turn on the cruise. Low and behold he called me a few minutes ago and said the check engine light turned on again and I have transmission problems and they have to keep it. It only has 5,000 miles on it and I'm so frustrated I could cry! Anyone else have problems like this...curious....

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
soory to hear about your proplems with the trany ,i hope you will get it back soon and hopefully they put a new one on,cheers thomas

·
Registered
135 Posts
It could be worse, at least it is under warranty and it won't be coming out of your pocket. It may just be as simple as the dealer not properly updating the computer. If the engine was running at a higher RPM at idle, that can be hard on the tranny.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
calibered said:
It could be worse, at least it is under warranty and it won't be coming out of your pocket. It may just be as simple as the dealer not properly updating the computer. If the engine was running at a higher RPM at idle, that can be hard on the tranny.
yes thats true...he updated the computer first and thought he fixed the problem then I called him back and said it still wasnt right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts