Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hubby spied a semi-truck with 4 Calibers and 4 Jeep Compass's(is that how you pluralize that word, is that even how you spell pluralize?? Oy!)

Anyway, they were in Southwestern Michigan, headed North I wondered how many Canadians were taking delivery today. LOL

I also ran into(not literally) a Caliber at a Subway yesterday. I pulled in just to talk to him. As a turned out it was a rental car from Enterprise! He was from IL. I am slightly disturbed that people are waiting months to get their Caliber delivered but yet they are roaming around as rental cars. Doesn't seem fair!

·
Registered
911 Posts
CaliberChic said:
Hubby spied a semi-truck with 4 Calibers and 4 Jeep Compass's(is that how you pluralize that word, is that even how you spell pluralize?? Oy!)

Anyway, they were in Southwestern Michigan, headed North I wondered how many Canadians were taking delivery today. LOL

I also ran into(not literally) a Caliber at a Subway yesterday. I pulled in just to talk to him. As a turned out it was a rental car from Enterprise! He was from IL. I am slightly disturbed that people are waiting months to get their Caliber delivered but yet they are roaming around as rental cars. Doesn't seem fair!
Cool! Yeah that is quite disturbing that Enterprise can get a Caliber, but I've been waiting 3 months so far for mine and its still in D status.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
Cool! Yeah that is quite disturbing that Enterprise can get a Caliber, but I've been waiting 3 months so far for mine and its still in D status.
I agree, although they are purchasing them through fleet sales, which I believe is a different process that an individual buyer - and are sold most likely with far-in-advance projected purchases.

I had mentioned in other posts that I see at least one Caliber practically every time I travel anywhere in my area. However, it is a busy TOURIST area - and when I am able to closely see the back of these cars, there is often an "agency" decal on the rear hatchback.

An example: this photo was taken this past Saturday afternoon at a friend's motel; note the Enterprise decal on the left lower hatchback:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I work near Lambert Airport in St. Louis and the couple of car rental places I go by on my way to lunch have several Calibers on their fenced-in lots. Thrifty car rental has the most; about ten Calibers, but there were more of them there before I got my Caliber. The colors of the Calibers in these car rental lots are black, inferno red, and sunburst orange; haven't seen any white, silver, marine blue, or steel blue (the color I have). Give it about a year, maybe less, and you'll see the rentals going to dealerships to be sold as used cars. Scary!

·
Registered
126 Posts
The enterprise dealer in Allentown has 2 calibers, a red one and a yellow one. I don't see all that many caliber is the A-town metro area yet. However I did park next to a black SXT at Camelbeach a few weeks back. It was higher than mine, and of course it had a few options mine didn't. Still looked sweet together.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was at my dealer today and asked them if Dodge is saying the Calibers are selling like crazy but dealers have no cars then where are they selling? Sales manager told me that most are going to rental agencies. They put up cash in advance on large orders prior to production even starting so alot of cars go there first. Dodge did not anticipate the demand and too many cars were already allocated to the rental companies. They should have stopped taking individual orders sooner. They didn't because normally high demand in the first 2-3 months is common. It's unheard of for demand to be higher in the 6th month than in the first 2 months. They were going off prior trends and the Caliber is anything but a normal trend in sales.

·
Registered
381 Posts
They have been in rental for quite awhile... within two weeks of purchasing my vehicle in Late Feb, I saw a brand new Caliber SE on a rental lot in Tulsa, OK.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi !

CaliberChic said:
Doesn't seem fair!
Rentals car are very good publicity because this cars are always on the road, in contrary with private one's who are often in garage or parking.
Everybody see them.

Also having a caliber is a good publicity for rental center*, :Here we have the all new dodge caliber !

* not realy sure this word means something :confused:

Regards.

·
Registered
155 Posts
CaliberChic said:

I'm renting an SXT for two weeks in Sept.I'm not going to name the rental outfit as I want it for a holiday trip. The guy said should be no problem, we have 5 of them....anyway I booked for the 15th. I like to try before I buy.....:)Two weeks should give me a good feeling for it methinks.....

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Come to think of it, I have not seen any Calibers on a truck yet, they have all been on the lot.

I want to see a car carrier filled with them though!!:cool::D:D:D:):)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I saw a bunch of trucks loaded with them. Of course, they were all sitting in a lot across the street from the factory. =P

·
Registered
911 Posts
devy said:
Hi !

Rentals car are very good publicity because this cars are always on the road, in contrary with private one's who are often in garage or parking.
Everybody see them.

Also having a caliber is a good publicity for rental center*, :Here we have the all new dodge caliber !

* not realy sure this word means something :confused:

Regards.
On the other hand, rental agencies can be BAD publicity. We all know how people treat rental vehicles (hehe :D ). Some people may get into a Caliber and think its a piece of crap for whatever reason. The probable cause is that the last 10 or 12 people probably treated the Caliber like shit so it may have minor problems like rattles, loose things, broken knobs, etc... Those are all things that people may notice and say the Caliber is a POS and has terrible quality.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts