Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!
I've got my Dodge Caliber since one month ago approximately. The car only has 380 kilometers (235,6 20,000 miles) and cost 20.000 Euros (25,648, 92 USD).
Well, my car is now broken. I've been using it only during five days, the rest of the time the car has been in the dealer, because the gear box (manual trasmission) does not work.
The dealer says that he does not know how to solve the problem, he must put himself in contact with the manufacturer and this one must says him how fixing the car. The pieces can take several months to arrive to my country, because the manufacturer is in the U.S.A. and I live in the Canary Islands.
I have not had a good treatment of the dealer. He doesn't give me fast solutions to my problem and either a courtesy car for me while I'm without car.:mad:
Truely I'm grieved, this car has not had good welcome in Spain, and now I doubt if I made well my election...:(

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Well, if the transmission doesn't work, then it sounds like they need to order a new transmission. Not that hard to figure out.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Try contacting Chrysler/Dodge customer service directly. Check your manual to see what remedies and contact sources you have in Spain other than just the dealer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't watch the user's manual because the dealer never gave me it ,he said that someone robbed them and he must order more to the manufacturer... this is rare, isn't it?
He says me that he must follow the procedure, he must phone to Madrid and then to find out how to to fix the failure...
Really I like so much this car... but not the same to the dealer...

·
Registered
506 Posts
you need to get a hold of dodge direct i think your dealer is really bad

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
panzita said:
I can't watch the user's manual because the dealer never gave me it ,he said that someone robbed them and he must order more to the manufacturer... this is rare, isn't it?
He says me that he must follow the procedure, he must phone to Madrid and then to find out how to to fix the failure...
Really I like so much this car... but not the same to the dealer...
The dealers have to follow the procedures for troubleshooting the problems as layed out by Chrysler otherwise they might not get the money to pay for warranty service. Had this problem with my '99 Dakota. Took them two weeks to fix a leaking rear tranny seal because they had to replace parts in order before they finally had to just replace the whole transmission.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts