Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys bought your calibers, did it come with anything extra for the "trunk" area. Anything like a net or a cover to block wandering eyes from seeing whats in the trunk or a carpet of sime kind? When we got ours, it cam with absolutely nothing. Just wndering if this is normal.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes this is normal. If you get the security package added (car alarm, cover for the hatch area and air filters for vents), it comes with it only then.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Yellow Fever said:
When you guys bought your calibers, did it come with anything extra for the "trunk" area. Anything like a net or a cover to block wandering eyes from seeing whats in the trunk or a carpet of sime kind? When we got ours, it cam with absolutely nothing. Just wndering if this is normal.
Like umf has mentioned that is only with the security group you get that with. Maybe there is/ will be something listed through Mopar in the future or a different aftermarket company.

·
Registered
311 Posts
umf said:
Yes this is normal. If you get the security package added (car alarm, cover for the hatch area and air filters for vents), it comes with it only then.
Yep...and they refer to it as a toneau cover. It's not very "covering" though. Somebody had a picture of one....but I can't find it exactly. Go to this link for a partial view and some additional info on the netting.

Tyke

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Thanks to Dodge Girl Kathy for the pics!

·
Registered
74 Posts
MrTyke said:
Yep...and they refer to it as a toneau cover. It's not very "covering" though. Somebody had a picture of one....but I can't find it exactly. Go to this link for a partial view and some additional info on the netting.

Tyke
My trunk toneau cover completely hides everything in the hatch area, so whatever pic you say must be wrong.

Flaps

·
Registered
311 Posts
Flaps said:
My trunk toneau cover completely hides everything in the hatch area, so whatever pic you say must be wrong.

Flaps
Actually....no. The cover does not completely obstruct view of the contents of the back area. It is cut to an angle and has two positions that the base unit can sit into to allow the rear seats to fully recline. Please take a look at the third image that DodgeGirlKathy posted, reposted by caliber4whoosh, item #5 in this thread. As you can see, looking down the side window allows the back area region to be visible even with the toneau cover pulled. It will be less visible without the back hatch being open to cast light into the area, but my contention is that the area is not completely hidden.

Tyke

·
Registered
414 Posts
superbang said:
does anyone know how to take the tonneau cover out?? i'm moving some furniture to day and i'm dying to stuff my 50 CAL full of crap to haul around....
It has spring loaded sides, pull it to either the passenger or driver side and it will come out. There are two places in the back to place it, one towards the front and one a bit farther back so the seats can recline.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
superbang said:
does anyone know how to take the tonneau cover out?? i'm moving some furniture to day and i'm dying to stuff my 50 CAL full of crap to haul around....
Take some pics of the 50Cal loaded to the rim, then we can show people that the vehicle is truly useful for stuff like that!:D

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
superbang said:
yeah... fun moving furniture by myself... hooray.... if there were a bored out of my mind emoticon i'd be using it right now...
That makes two of us, I am just waiting to go to work on a Saturday...woohoo:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
superbang said:
that's kinda why i'm still in front of the computer... which is coincidentally right beside the gigantic closet that i'm taking the stuff out of...
Now that is funny, run pick up a picece of furniture, post and repeat. How much you have to move?

Wait...is that a peak of sun I see...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Haha...that sucks Bang.

We had like 4 days of rain straight about a week ago, musta moved over to you guys..:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
caliber4whoosh said:
Haha...that sucks Bang.

We had like 4 days of rain straight about a week ago, musta moved over to you guys..:D
We are still in the middle of a long week of rain, and there is not a sunny day in sight here in Duluth. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit sunnier cuz I will be down near the "Cities" for Mothers Day.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Harley said:
Unless you are our beloved, one-and-only fellow forum member Bang and moving stuff with your Caliber:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692
uhm, i have the stock tonneau cover and it doesn't cover everything... there are patches of space uncovered right underneath the window... and it has about 5-6 inches from where the cover attaches to the seats... i don't have a pic.. but i can verify this... oh hell i'm going outside to take a pick... brb.

ok here they are...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts