Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first post hopefully it's in the right spot. So I got my 2007 Caliber inspected last week and it failed (like every year). This year both ball joints (both Moog) were bad, this is the third time I've had to replace them in the 5 years that I've owned the car and I've only put 50,000 miles on it since I bought it. I wish I could say this was the only thing that I've replaced 3 times, but I'd be lying. I've replaced both control arms twice, inner tie rods 3 times, sway bar links twice, outer tie rods twice, and put new struts and springs on the front end. Also, when I bought the car the subframe was rotted and covered under the extended warranty.

I was just wondering if there was anything that I didn't mention that could be causing these parts to go bad so quickly. Again I'm not buying sh*t parts, so I'm assuming they're supposed to last for more than a year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys, first post hopefully it's in the right spot. So I got my 2007 Caliber inspected last week and it failed (like every year). This year both ball joints (both Moog) were bad, this is the third time I've had to replace them in the 5 years that I've owned the car and I've only put 50,000 miles on it since I bought it. I wish I could say this was the only thing that I've replaced 3 times, but I'd be lying. I've replaced both control arms twice, inner tie rods 3 times, sway bar links twice, outer tie rods twice, and put new struts and springs on the front end. Also, when I bought the car the subframe was rotted and covered under the extended warranty.

I was just wondering if there was anything that I didn't mention that could be causing these parts to go bad so quickly. Again I'm not buying sh*t parts, so I'm assuming they're supposed to last for more than a year.
Same here I replace 2 sub frames front and rear. 2 weeks after I bought the car from a private owner the front sub frame started to crack as I was driving home It's a BLESSING on was on a 2 lane street not far from home on a Sunday afternoon with not much traffic going on. I got to the house and jack the car up to see what was the problem I work on my own car I don't do this for a living so I don't NOTHING/KNEW about a sub frame and doing one. After getting the price of the repair for this problem I tackle this one myself by watching whatever YouTube video's I could find which Isn't many you have to look for the Jeep Compass video's which has the same sub frame.Well a year and a half later I had to do the rear sub frame which again I tackle that watching a YouTube video of a Jeep Compass same rear sub frame,On my 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0 everything In the rear was BAD rusted sub frame rotting out upper and lower control arm driver side trailing arm was BAD and it was wearing out my rear tires because with ALL that going on the rear was out of alignment.One thing I can say Is with this car I'm still hearing noise in my front suspension and I replace everything except the struts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, What kind of noise is it making? I had a horrible clunking noise coming from my front end after replacing my subframe & struts & recently learned it was the sway bars.

I bought the R & L for $110.00 for the both on RockAuto.com. The auto parts stores wanted $100+ for 1 & I just wasn’t willing to pay that much.

My Caliber is finally riding smoothly.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I have to tell you these are just BAD Engineering on these Dodge Caliber's by Chrysler. I now hate the day I bought this car from a private owner,It look good when I first seen it nice and clean on the outside the Inside was shit it was his wife car and she just drove to work and never clean it out so me being OCD anyway that was the first thing I took care of. I bought the car for a $1,000 when the guy had it on Offer Up for $2,500 he only went down on the price because others never came to see the and him and his wife just bought new cars.I'm not a Certified Mechanic but I do know enough to have done the front& rear sub frame on this car by myself& throttle body. upper&lower control arms& trailing arms I don't know when the work is going to stop on this car but it starts up everyday even when it's cold out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts