Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me where tge turn signal flasher relay is located at in a 2007 dodge caliber sxt? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
The chime software is in the instrument cluster. It uses a transducer and a relay in the circuit board inside of the Electro Mechanical Instrument Cluster (EMIC) to provide clicks for turn signals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed led lights and now have hyper flash. Is there any way to correct it? Thats why the ? I thought i could just put in an led flasher and fix it

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would guess that loading the circuit like the bulbs did would make the computer think it was back to the normal load. You could compute what the resistor should be by finding the current of the original bulbs and divide the Voltage (12) by this. Then make sure the resistor is enough wattage capability, found by multiplying the current by the Voltage. This could be pretty large, and you would have to put two of these on the right side, and two on the left!

Here is a simpler experiment:
https://www.*************.com/showthread.php/34887-A-ding-then-turn-signal-flashes-rapidly
"Might be just a bulb. the TIPM may have tripped that particular circuit for some reason.
undo your battery cables and tape them together for 15 minutes or so.
This re-sets the TIPM (the module which controls most of the Calibers electronics and lighting)."

Good luck! Tell us all if it works, please.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts