Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i ended up without the uconnect feature in my car along with drivers conveience group. Didnt pay for it anyway but im bummed and plan to piece it togeather myself. For those who have done the rec nav swap while having uconnect, do you know if the car has the same Telematics module as the magnum or the later rec nav factory equipped cars? Or did they have a different one due to the fact that it did not need to interface with a nav unit in earlier models before that option was given.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It should be the same. The REC Navigation stereo for the Caliber is the exact same unit found in the Magnum, Charger etc. If you can get the Telematics module, wire harness, rear view mirror etc. used then its possible to add. Buying these parts new would be VERY expensive. The alternative is the Mopar UConnect accessory kit. Functionally it works the same but uses its own speaker rather than through the stereos. It also uses a small dash mounted switch rather than on the mirror.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh yes thats definetly what i hoped to hear. thanks!!
From what i understand the aftermarket uconnect system does not interface with the rec nav system to allow display of contacts and such. Also im definetly not liking the look of the little mic/button for the addon system. The replacement telematics unit is around the cost of the entire addon uconnect system alone though. So basically its an extra $100-150 to do a factory like install. I think im actually willing to live with that for the asthetics alone aside from the functionality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts