Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled out of my driveway and saw red stuff on the ground. Ill put it up on jack stands tomorrow and see what's up. FVCK!

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
You the third person I've heard with this problem. Do you have engine mounts?

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
....and you talked shiit to me in a text this morning when i said i was going to test drive a 370 this weekend....

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
You the third person I've heard with this problem. Do you have engine mounts?
i think all the cars has engine mounts:stickpoke:
no thou, you stiffen them up with aftermarket ones, something has to give.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
i think all the cars has engine mounts:stickpoke:
no thou, you stiffen them up with aftermarket ones, something has to give.
no fcking way should motor mount inserts or even the stiffer mounts we have available cause the tranny to fail. im sorry but if our transmissions start to crack because of stiffer mounts than thats a craftsmanship issue. ive never heard of a neon having its tranny start leaking because they swapped out to stiffer mounts.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
no fcking way should motor mount inserts or even the stiffer mounts we have available cause the tranny to fail. im sorry but if our transmissions start to crack because of stiffer mounts than thats a craftsmanship issue. ive never heard of a neon having its tranny start leaking because they swapped out to stiffer mounts.
If the energy isn't absorbed by the engine movement it has to go somewhere. They may have built it to flex at a certain point but now your shifting that point further down into the transmission. It may be a flaw in the the strength of the tranny case but that flaw isn't being brought out by a modification.

Lets hear back from him first before we get off on a tangent. I was just asking because it may show a trend.

·
Registered
431 Posts
i know this sounds like bull**** and its a joke first off but our tranny is german and it must like the soft mushy porsche and bimmer mounts that make those cars so smooth:p but seriously aluminum doesnt have an infinate fatigue life like steel. flexing leads to cracks. i have been around fighter jets long enough to know a **** ton about aluminum. flex it even the slightest amount in the wrong way and it cracks

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
LULZ ...yea because 530wtrq 6000rpm launches at the track doesnt cause vibration or flex.

The Caliber trans and case is pretty damn stout. $hit happens...doesnt mean when it does that its the norm.

·
Registered
722 Posts
i do hope dealer does not give you crap about the mounts.

pics around from the other cars for comparison?

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
LULZ ...yea because 530wtrq 6000rpm launches at the track doesnt cause vibration or flex.

The Caliber trans and case is pretty damn stout. $hit happens...doesnt mean when it does that its the norm.
thank you. i know theres been a couple cars now reporting this but it just seems like people want to blame something.

all of the most power calibers are have yet to report back with any of this. thats gotta say something. i just dont see the motor mounts being the cause of this at all. thats just my opinion though.

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I only have the front agp mount. Just rolled over 24000 miles...

I agree with aaron tho. I'm sure I baby my car compared to theirs...

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Don't bring it to the dealer before replacing your mounts or you'll have this urge to get a Toyota Tacoma.

Sorry...couldn't stop myself.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
So much for the fastest stock cali :jester:

na man thats fucced up. im at 18500 miles. hope i dont see any of this shit!

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im not sure whats up. It hasnt leaked since yesterday?! any idea of what that would be?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts