Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=122277&cdate=20061005

Details as far as I know. The car is currently at AEM being used for R&D for a cold air intake. Get a phone call yesterday saying that there was a small incident and to give them a call back. One of the employees was backing up the Caliber and grazed one of the other vehicles in the shop. Just a small scratch in the paint. No dent or ding. Said thier insurance will take care of it, but I will have to get estimates after I get the car back and send them to AEM for the repair.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dang that sucks.

·
Registered
721 Posts
AEM is usually a great company to work with. I'm glad they called you when it happened, as I know many that would try unsuccessfully to cover it up. And I'm not sure I'd actually let anyone have my caliber to begin with... (If I had one yet that is)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bummer, but it looks like a repair that will be easy to make as new... still a shame tho..

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CoriolisSTORM said:
And I'm not sure I'd actually let anyone have my caliber to begin with... (If I had one yet that is)
I don't think of it any differntly than takingit to any dealer for service, but in this case, i get a free performance upgrade out of it. They are paying for a rental car while they have my car. Sure, it's two weks I don't have it, but to me it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got the estimates for repair doen yesterday. Work schedule sucks not letting me have much to get out and get estimates. Anyways, went to two different body shops. One was the dealer I bought it from. $989 quote. Second shop couldn't give me a good estimate because the Caliber database wasn't in thier system yet. But they said it would probably be around $1K to fix, which basically backs up thew dealer quote.

·
Registered
259 Posts
$1k for a small scratch in the paint??? How small is it? WHat are the planning to do paint the entire side of the car?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yah, $1,000 is way too high for that little tiny bit of damage. Were they just going to replace the fender? Why was the quote so high.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Were the scratches are they have to take off the back bumper and take the clear off. repaint it basically, since I think they said its a 4 step paint( i think) then re clear it. Then they have to do that back quarter panel but the dealer ship didnt say anything about taking that part off. Basically going to cost because of our specific paint color( inferno red) and the labor.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like the wife said, because of where the scratch/scrape is, they have to remove the whole rear bumper to get it fixed properly. And then because of the paint color they have to blend it in to the whole rear quarter panel and also the whole rear bumper will be re-cleared. The authorized shop for my insurance(not the dealer) also said the same thing and gave me pretty much the same quote, so it's not just the dealer trying to get extra money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts