Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else here bothered and concerned by the fact that in both the Caliber AND Caliber SRT4 there is only 1 switch for the power doorlocks?

The driver side door is the only one with the ability to unlock the car! Isn't that strange??? 99.99% of cars with power locks at least have the switch on the passenger door in the front seat as well...

WTF MATE!?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Ironside said:
Anybody else here bothered and concerned by the fact that in both the Caliber AND Caliber SRT4 there is only 1 switch for the power doorlocks?

The driver side door is the only one with the ability to unlock the car! Isn't that strange??? 99.99% of cars with power locks at least have the switch on the passenger door in the front seat as well...

WTF MATE!?
my mazda mpv was the same thing only the drivers door unlooks the whole car.Cheers Thomas

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ironside said:

WTF MATE!?
Another cost saving item for auto manufacturers. All the doors unlock buy pulling on the door handle if you are on the inside, so it's not that big of a deal. I never use the power door lock switch. I have keyless entry and programmed the car to auto unlock all the doors after stopping, shifting into park, and opening a door.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
xcanuk said:
I guess they saved even more by removing the key lock on the passenger door side as well. (where will it end)
well they say that that forces would be thieves to the drivers door, as that is the only door with a key lock, so it could be cost cutting or it could be security, or both? :eek:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
at least this srt4 will have power rear windows... focus on the posatives lol
It hasn't been released yet. Don't jinx it. hehe

·
Registered
294 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
well they say that that forces would be thieves to the drivers door, as that is the only door with a key lock, so it could be cost cutting or it could be security, or both? :eek:
Most thieves use slim jims, they never look at the key lock.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The missing door lock on the pasenger door is a big complaint of my wife. My PT Cruiser had a similar flaw it had no rear window buttons in the front... :( they added them the next year in the front.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's really not THAT big of a deal, i'm not going to refuse to buy one just because of that. I'll probably be putting in a crazy alarm system anyway like in my current SRT that has keyless entry, but still... if a passenger is sitting in the car and needs to unlock the other doors for WHATEVER reason, they have to reach over to the drivers side.

But yeah, good point on the rear pwr windows; I installed them on my current SRT but it's not something i'd like to do again.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I recently went into a convenience store while my wife was in the Caliber. Quite a few, hmmm how should I say this without pissing alot of people off..., OK, a lot of people who didn't speak English and were drunk, came up and started hanging around the car and saying bad things! (We speak that other language). Now my wife had to reach over to the drivers side to lock the doors, and it was very obvious to those outside what she was doing. Pretty tense situation- yea I wish they had a door lock on the pass. side!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm a little confused, which models don't have power window lifts? (my r/t has em)
As far so power locks, I guess you can just get a spare key remote and remove the key itself, leave it handy inside (cheaper and easier than a hardwire solution)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Possibly leave the lock system in its original configuration from factory,so that when you get out using the handle on either drivers or front passenger door only that door unlocks.
As for the rear doors well if you have kids that would be undesirable,you
know what kids are liable to be like or do.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
xcanuk said:
Most thieves use slim jims, they never look at the key lock.
I have seen an equal share of locks pulled via dent puller (slide hammer). This includes my own lincoln that now has shaved locks for this very reason.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ironside said:
... if a passenger is sitting in the car and needs to unlock the other doors for WHATEVER reason, they have to reach over to the drivers side.
All the doors unlock themselves from th inside when you pull on the door handle. No need for a switch to unlock the oors from the inside. Probably why they got rid of them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had not even noticed this on my Cali.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts