Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hanging out on this site for a couple of months reading all the crazy things people are going through to get their Calibers. I just thought I would share my madness with you all:

Sorry in advance for the book report!

My Sunburst Orange SXT was ordered by the dealership on April 4th. I picked it out of their paperwork and signed everything (including giving them a deposit) on 5/2. I have been checking the status of my car all along with Dodge Customer NO-Care (that is a whole different subject:eek: ) and finally I find out my car shipped on 6/8.

To make a long story as short as possible, I am leaving Sunday for vacation. I thought GREAT I should have my car in plenty of time for my trip. The car was scheduled to be unloaded from the train on 6/13. I think the dealership is ready to get rid of me so they said they would go pick it up from there instead of waiting for it to be delivered to them. I called and called and called on 6/13 to check the status. Talked to these people every hour and my car was not there. The dealer told me they would continue to unload the train through the night and they should be able to pick it up the morning of 6/14. 6/14 comes and goes and there is no car! The afternoon of the 15th I find out that they cannot find my car! All they know is that it left the Belvidere plant on 6/8.

Finally one of my co-workers tells me that his uncle is a big-wig at Chrysler. He called his uncle to see if he could find out where my car is. After several hours of searching my car was found in OHIO of all places. Now it is scheduled to be unloaded from the train (here in GA) on 6/20 and delivered to the dealership on 6/23. Unfortunately I am having to rent a mini-van for my trip, but the bright side is that I can pick up my car when I get back on 6/26. Hopefully nothing else will happen!

I can't wait! I was really hoping to be cruisin' on the highway in my new car with the sunroof open listening to my 6 disc cd player. I can still dream I guess!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Its incredible the amount of intrest this little car has generated I just got back from a drive with my red stx sport and when I was stopped at the lights this little punk kid ( maybe 12 with the hat on sideways) says that car is so cool it looks amazing I've got to get one. You don't here that about a domestic car from that generation very often

·
Registered
12 Posts
stjohn99 said:
I can't wait! I was really hoping to be cruisin' on the highway in my new car with the sunroof open listening to my 6 disc cd player. I can still dream I guess!
OH MY GOSH I CANT WAIT. I THINK ABOUT THAT SUN ROOF AND IT TAKES ME AWAY :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts