Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I just purchased/received a new Dodge Caliber on Monday. So I was at Crappy Tire on Saturday getting some add on's for the car eg licence plate covers, baby on board sign, car mats etc. I'm in the parking lot and I just put on a set of rubber protectors (for the edge of the doors so that you don't ding the door when hitting other cars or a wall). I'm now putting them on the drivers side doors when this woman that pulls up beside me on the passenger side throws open her door without a care in the world and hits my door. Luckily I had just put the protector on the door and it absorbed the hit withoout and damage to the paint
. I glared at the woman and then told her to be more careful when opening the door
. Usually you get these dings when you're not around. And notice them when washing the car
. But this time I caught someone in the act.
. Well at least no harm done, but I am in the new car watch out for scratches stage.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would have grabber her information just incase you found something at the car wash. I can't stand people like that. No respect for other peoples property at all. But they'd be pissed if something like that happened to theirs.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I can think of a few 3-4 word sentences ;)

So far I've been scratch free in the parking lots... although I live in a very Dodge friendly part of the world (tons of pickup sales).

My only ding so far was from a large rock that hit on the driver side front wheel well

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just park in an empty area of parking lots and try to never park inbetween two other cars. Funny thing is tho most of the time when I'm parked in the middle of nowhere I'll come back to my car later and there will be another car parked right next to mine when there is like 20 open spaces all around me.. go figure.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yeah I hear ya there! Usually either some POS vehicle too, or a big SUV with TINTED WINDOWS! So you can't see shit while you're trying to pull out. Turns into a hope and poke deal.

·
Registered
64 Posts
They make a cool window punch used by Firemen all over the world to pop windows. I used mine on more than one occasion.
Don't piss off this Mini Guinea
mike

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mike said:
They make a cool window punch used by Firemen all over the world to pop windows. I used mine on more than one occasion.
Don't piss off this Mini Guinea
mike
And where would on aquire said window breaker tool? :eek:

·
Registered
131 Posts
spring loaded center punches used on tempered glass work excellent! They also work on laminated glass. Tempered glass will shatter into a million pieces...laminated glass makes great little star breaks that just beg for a windshield repair job!

·
Registered
64 Posts
karenh56 said:
spring loaded center punches used on tempered glass work excellent! They also work on laminated glass. Tempered glass will shatter into a million pieces...laminated glass makes great little star breaks that just beg for a windshield repair job!
I bet you can get them at any home supply store. Besides the use for paybacks, they can make a great emergency escape tool to get out of your car

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
karenh56 said:
Yep - a spring loaded center punch.

But we're talking VANDALISM here! "Criminal Mischief" as cited in many jurisdictions' crimes codes. ILLEGAL stuff when used in such manner!

Gee wiz, you just would NEVER find such an "Instrument of Crime" in MY Caliber!!!

PS: Note how one fits just PERFECTLY in the MP3/cell phone console compartment. :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
RobMR3 said:
And where would on aquire said window breaker tool? :eek:
galls.com...my hubby is terified of what I'll do the first time I find a dent or scratch...hell hath no fury like a woman who's caliber is damaged.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts