Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever pulled their rear seat up? I was just curious to how much room is under there. I am planning to, if enough room, install my XM receiver and some Amateur radio equipment.

Maybe pictures if you have them (doubt it but worth asking)....

·
Registered
644 Posts
under the rears is all padding and goes to the floor... pull it up and look if you like its only 2 bolts to pull it up.

the factory SIRUIS reciever is installed under the back portion of the cargo cover, closest to the seat back in the corners. if i had to guess id say thats where you have the most room

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wait a minute, are you guys saying that there is space under the rear seat that can be converted into more cargo space?:eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sleazy said:
Wait a minute, are you guys saying that there is space under the rear seat that can be converted into more cargo space?:eek:
From what the individual above says that's a no. I will have to go get a torx bit to fit the bolts and see what I can come up with. I have 2 pieces of communications radio gear and an Pioneer XM unit to put somewhere. If I have to I can mount them behind the panels in the rear with some fabricated brackets.

·
Registered
294 Posts
There's a ton of room under the front seats, enough for just about anything without restricting seat movement or rear seat foot room. I've got a full kit (laptop sized bag) under the driver's seat with tools, jumper cables and first aid kit.

·
Registered
976 Posts
scanner said:
From what the individual above says that's a no. I will have to go get a torx bit to fit the bolts and see what I can come up with. I have 2 pieces of communications radio gear and an Pioneer XM unit to put somewhere. If I have to I can mount them behind the panels in the rear with some fabricated brackets.
The Sirius rcvr is mounted (factory install) right rear undr cargo floor,there
is actuall quite a bit of room under the floor but you'll have to be creative.
Under the rear seat is where the fuel pump access is located also,so you have that to deal with also.
If you don't have Musicgate as option you can also use where the sub
speaker would go,I have an APRS radio,TinyTracker3 and cabling in mine
and have Kenwood 732a under the drivers seat plus tri band Kenwood
FT6 handheld in the Caliber see pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Darren07RT said there was padding under the Caliber's rear seat. Could you carve out some of the padding to tailor make a spot for the equipment you wanted to store under the rear seat? The backseats of the Caliber are too firm anyhow. A little less padding might make the rearseat more comfortable. I may do that just to remove some extra unnecessary weight from the Caliber, altho there probably is only 2 or 3 pounds to remove.

Also, if someone is looking for a lot of extra space(& doesn't carry many passengers), hatchbacks provide a great opportunity. You can always remove the backseat. I did on my little bitty 12 foot long Ford Festiva, & now have a large storage area behind the front seats. The Festiva is tall like the Caliber & provides room for tall items too. Don't know how easy the back seat of the Caliber comes out, but I only had to undo 4 bolts in the Festiva, & the seat came out the hatchback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts