Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unique Chrysler in Burlington Ontario, Canada

Hey has anybody bought their caliber (or anything else) from this dealership, or had their cars serviced here? How did they treat you? I'm seriously considering them, because the guy that I originally talked to at my closest dealer left that dealer and I found him at Unique today.:cool: ... and all the other dealers my parents deal with dont treat me well...

·
Registered
294 Posts
No matter where I buy my vehicles, I always go to a dealer that treats me right. Sometimes it takes a few tries before finding one.

Buying and servicing a truck/car doesn't have to be at the same place.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xcanuk said:
No matter where I buy my vehicles, I always go to a dealer that treats me right. Sometimes it takes a few tries before finding one.

Buying and servicing a truck/car doesn't have to be at the same place.
I completely agree hence y im researching this...i am looking for both a new place to buy and get service, (we have been getting service done ata different dealership since 1997 lol) as the current dealerships i have had experience with through my parents and my expense has turned me off all of them for my car

·
Registered
976 Posts
Are you referring to UNIQUE im Burlington?
If you are I myself have not used them but have known people that
used their service dept. with good results.
I deal with Fairview as I have known the service mgr since 1985
and they give me good service and turn around times.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
bigtsr said:
Are you referring to UNIQUE im Burlington?
If you are I myself have not used them but have known people that
used their service dept. with good results.
I deal with Fairview as I have known the service mgr since 1985
and they give me good service and turn around times.
Yes, you are correct! That is good to hear! We used to deal with Fairview but once the service manager decided that our warranty doesnt matter after 1 year for cosmetic things - and these are REALLY BIG on a BLACK truck that is a year and a half old - REALLY TURNED ME OFF OF THEM! we refuse to return to those people :mad: - hey you give good customer service, you get my money you treat me like crap and prevent me from getting VALID warranty coverage ( I couldnt get it from anybody else b/c we had brought the issue up with them before - the service manager was NEVER in when we needed him which led to our concerns being written down on the work order at about 55000km to replace the rear flares AGAIN because they didnt fix them properly the first time - it took them 3 days to paint brand new flares and install them (on top of that they didnt even wash the truck after this) by the time that we were able to actually speak to the service manager (he was the same guy who I talked to before when he approved the flares the first time) and he hummed and hawed over them - tapping them "these are plastic flares" he told me, ya good job bud you already went through this with me about 25000km ago. These are the factory flares and the reason that we bought the truck from them and not somebody else, so by the time that we talked to him it was after the basic warranty expired - even though it had been documented before that point. In the end they refused the warranty service and the truck still has these chipping flares on it - when the truck is clean it still looks dirty b/c the rear flares are half grey from losing paint. As a result of this I WILL NEVER RETURN TO THEM!! - if tehy are too cheap to replace the flares on a year and a half old truck that drives on paved roads only then i am too cheap to EVER buy from them again! - Even writing this has reangered me just thinking about this whole problem

·
Registered
432 Posts
Not sure but it seems to me dealers make as much or more off service as they do selling a vehicle.

Personally not familiar with Unique. I use Scarsview to buy the car and found them fair in my dealings with them.

Whenever I go in for service they usually try to add something to my service request but for the most part I just stick to the schedule in the owner's manual.

On the 2004 Caravan that I traded on my Caliber I had free oil changes and spent $479 over three years for servicing other aspects. That seemed reasonable to me.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oldguy said:
Not sure but it seems to me dealers make as much or more off service as they do selling a vehicle.

Personally not familiar with Unique. I use Scarsview to buy the car and found them fair in my dealings with them.

Whenever I go in for service they usually try to add something to my service request but for the most part I just stick to the schedule in the owner's manual.

On the 2004 Caravan that I traded on my Caliber I had free oil changes and spent $479 over three years for servicing other aspects. That seemed reasonable to me.
I'd almost try them if they werent so far away - im in oakville - the dealer we have now for servicing wants several hundred dollars in "other" reccomended maintenance - after the fact that the extended warranty covers the oilchanges/tire rotations

·
Registered
976 Posts
Well UN4GTBL I guess we all have some love/hate relationships with
service suppliers of all kinds.I would suggest that you deal with people
you feel meet your needs and satisfy your personal wants.
The old service mgr at Fairview is gone and Willie King is now in charge,
I have always been treated fairly and in an equitable manner by him.
I don't like Lockwood in Oakville,went there while researching the
Caliber and the salestaff I dealt with turned me off while the parts
dept seemed to be bothered by questions,maybe it was me EH!!!
I am really happy with the Caliber now that I have 4000km on it
and I have found the technique of driving the CVT,running abt
27-29mpg city and 37-39mpg highway of fun driving.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
bigtsr said:
Well UN4GTBL I guess we all have some love/hate relationships with
service suppliers of all kinds.I would suggest that you deal with people
you feel meet your needs and satisfy your personal wants.
The old service mgr at Fairview is gone and Willie King is now in charge,
I have always been treated fairly and in an equitable manner by him.
I don't like Lockwood in Oakville,went there while researching the
Caliber and the salestaff I dealt with turned me off while the parts
dept seemed to be bothered by questions,maybe it was me EH!!!
I am really happy with the Caliber now that I have 4000km on it
and I have found the technique of driving the CVT,running abt
27-29mpg city and 37-39mpg highway of fun driving.
Good to hear

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
There is another dealership in Oakville. Oakville Dodge it’s where I bought my Caliber. It’s kind of a small dealership but they treat me right and I do trust the work they do. It maybe worth a look. I did take my old jeep to Unique I was not impressed.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
emerson said:
Hi
There is another dealership in Oakville. Oakville Dodge it’s where I bought my Caliber. It’s kind of a small dealership but they treat me right and I do trust the work they do. It maybe worth a look. I did take my old jeep to Unique I was not impressed.
Thanks, I had been there with a friend to test drive a charger r/t (those things are sooo fast) any ways, I was impressed by them as well and was going to check them out considering that is where i got my caliber srt4 poster from! The only reason I was considering Unique again was the fact that the guy that I first talked to about the Caliber was there, but I'm not restricted to going to just them thankfully!

P.S. I also went to Glenleven in Oakville shortly after the Caliber was released and they wouldn't even give me the time of day!!!! - this is the dealership that prides it self on customer service in its newspaper adds! alls well, their loss...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
is wellington motors in guelph any good? I don't want to deal with ontario chrysler or any other locations owned by the guy who owns ontario chrysler
Ask SuperBang about them, he seems very happy with Wellington Motors. I'll be making a trip up there myself shortly. Sounds like a pretty decent place to do business and get service.

That guy that owns the Ontario / Team dealerships looks pretty shady in the ads for the places. He's got that 80's "I'm gonna screw you, and you're gonna like it!" look. :) The Ontario dealership on Dixie sucked. The salesman there started bad mouthing the Caliber soon as he found out I also liked the Charger :X

The guy I delt with at Team was great though, very fair, and nice. When I'm at the dealership picking up Mopar crap, he's always comes over and to say hi and such. Very pleasant. The finance people are a little annoying though, and I'm no so sure about their service dept.

Wasn't very happy with the Brampton (on HWY7) or the Georgetown dealerships either. One was so obvious in trying to screw me, even I (a first time buyer) knew it, and the other I couldn't find anyone to talk to.

I wanted to check out Glenleven, but never got around to it, I've heard they are ok though.

Buying a car has certainly been a learning experience like no other!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Principal said:
Ask SuperBang about them, he seems very happy with Wellington Motors. I'll be making a trip up there myself shortly. Sounds like a pretty decent place to do business and get service.

That guy that owns the Ontario / Team dealerships looks pretty shady in the ads for the places. He's got that 80's "I'm gonna screw you, and you're gonna like it!" look. :) The Ontario dealership on Dixie sucked. The salesman there started bad mouthing the Caliber soon as he found out I also liked the Charger :X

The guy I delt with at Team was great though, very fair, and nice. When I'm at the dealership picking up Mopar crap, he's always comes over and to say hi and such. Very pleasant. The finance people are a little annoying though, and I'm no so sure about their service dept.

Wasn't very happy with the Brampton (on HWY7) or the Georgetown dealerships either. One was so obvious in trying to screw me, even I (a first time buyer) knew it, and the other I couldn't find anyone to talk to.

I wanted to check out Glenleven, but never got around to it, I've heard they are ok though.

Buying a car has certainly been a learning experience like no other!
When i was buying my Matrix in 03 I went there to look at a car and when i said that I wasn't going to buy on the spot since my wife wasn't with me and that is not how our family works he said: "well i've got a living to make, see you later" and wouldn't even answer any questions that i had

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Unoriginalusername said:
When i was buying my Matrix in 03 I went there to look at a car and when i said that I wasn't going to buy on the spot since my wife wasn't with me and that is not how our family works he said: "well i've got a living to make, see you later" and wouldn't even answer any questions that i had
:eek: What dealership/salesperson was this - i want to stay away from this person!!!:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
:eek: What dealership/salesperson was this - i want to stay away from this person!!!:eek: :eek:
It was three years ago so i don't remember their name, but it was Ontario Chrysler on Dixie (who also owned a location in the automall which is now a mitshi lot) and i believe the same owner opened up the dcx on mavis so i am trying to avoid them.

I was really offended and will do everything to ensure i don't put a dollar in that owners pocket

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't blame you. That's pretty low, even for a car salesman :X

And yeah, thats the same people over on Mavis. They still own the lot in the Automall though, it was supposed to be their used car lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wouldn't worry so much about the dealership you choose as much as the car. I would rent one for a few days, get a feel for it. I used to drive a 2003 Dakota R/T, and my caliber has given me nothing but problems. I work with a guy who also bought one, and he's having electrical issues as well. Charging light keeps coming on when the dealer says everything is fine. My AWD light has come on already and the car only has 16000 km on it. When driving down the road on any sort of snow or ice the car is all over the road. I bought an early model so it doesn't have the ESP. I live in Edmonton, and let me tell you, the CVT does not like cold weather. Makes the worst noises in the world, and it bucks like a horse when in traffic. I'm trading it in today on something else. Glad to get rid of this migrane. Here are a few of the problems I've had thus far...

Engine light #1 - Brake switch
Engine light #2 - Brake switch (again)
Engine light #3 - Brake switch (...yet again)
Engine light #4 - Gas Cap
Charging Light - Unsolved
Rear Brakes have been replaced 2 times
Sunroof leaks
Every piece of plastic rattles like a baby toy when its cold out.
AWD Light - Unsolved
Radio doesn't tune well, looses frequency
Blown 4 speakers so far (why put a good stereo in a car if you can't turn it up half way?)
...Those are just some that I can think of...just be careful, and consider what you read on here, because I was unfortunate and bought one of the first ones. I wish I would have read all these problems before. I understand that all vehicles have problems, however I've yet to see one have this many so soon.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts