Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though this was probably entirely my fault.. im a little disappointed...
I pulled my SXT off of the road onto a paved bike path to unload some promotion gear. I was driving no more than 5mph and ahead of me was what appeared to be an innocent-shallow pot hole filled with water. There wasnt much room to go completely around it so I eased the front right tire into it....then immediately I hear BANG! I thought I had bottomed the suspension and probably cracked my bumper and who knows what else. I pull up and over and get out to inspect. Bumper was fine..airdamn was fine... then I see the tire.. sidewall exploded. I went and looked in the pothole and the side of the broken asphalt was razor sharp...

putting on the spare was simple and took less than 5 minutes.

anyways im bummed about it. i consider myself a really good driver and this was stupid on my part. however, i am used to driving an expedition and maybe i got a little bit confused as to which i was driving.

so be warned...sigh

·
Registered
371 Posts
Even good drivers, no matter how good they are, have that moment when they go Ohhh Sh-t!!! Although, this sounds like it wasn't a moment of bad driving, or poor judgement, but just plain ol' bad luck! And who's to say that it wouldn't have happened on the Expedition? The one bright spot about this whole mishap, is that now everyone knows that it's easy to put on the spare!:D Now don't you feel better?:rolleyes: Sorry you had to be the guinea pig on this one though.

Fitz.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Try flyin' down a back road ( gravel ) at over 100km/h and hitting a broken piece of grader blade protruding up through the road. :eek:

·
Registered
267 Posts
My first flat when I was a teenager was a pothole at 20mph that I misjudged.. the outer edge of the asphalt was sharp and did the exact same thing. Where I grew up in Montana, the saying goes that the cops know who is driving drunk because they are the ones NOT swerving to miss all the potholes on the road LOL.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Only flat I ever got came with a broken rim, broken axle, broken control arm, bent front sway bar and a few other bent pieces of metal.

Curbs are not friendly creatures. Especially when you hit them sideways. :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
My cali is in the shop for a flat as we speak :( . I think it was a nail but I got to put the spare on this morning before work. Was quite easy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
went to a firestone service center... price of tire 215/60 17 affinity t-4 $124.99 + like 25 in taxes and balancing fees ..tire disposal fee?

feel much better now that its fixed

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Is there any type of road hazard warranty on the tires from the factory? Or at least an option to buy one?? I swear by road hazard warranties after having to use one once. Saved me $130 for a new tire, and I ended up getting two new tires from one blowout. :D Amazing what happens when you buy tires online, file a claim online, and then take the tire to the local store front and file another claim.

·
Registered
343 Posts
damn that sucks. good thing it happend under controlled conditions.

The only tire I had blow on me was my rear tire on my motorcycle. Picked up a nail while damn near knee scraping. Bike slid out, i fell, and it skated down into the ditch. Road rash/totaled bike = no fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts