Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have to get some body and paint modifications done. Normally this would be exiting, expect its not by choice.....this past weekend the edge of Ernesto swept thru southern Ontario. Tree branches were down all over Hamilton from the winds, and i happened to drive over a very large tree branch. I just caught the edge of it (which was the worst possible part to hit) so it flew up and smacked the edge of my car. There is a dent about 3 inches long, the paint is all cracked, and there is a spot where paint chipped off, and its down to metal.....I know its my own fault for running it over, but its still upsetting!

I still have gotten it to a body shop to get an estimate....hope it doesnt cost a fortune!!

OK thats it, just wanted to vent a little.....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey, at least you didn't get hurt!! Here's my story, had a great Isuzu Trooper, about 3 months ago now, cruisin' along... BAM! Big Oak Limb falls and smashes up my windshield/hood/cowl... I took a glass shower. No fun. Old truck, high miles, Insurance Co totalled it. I was the orig owner, it looked great, ran great, well maintained, etc. So I go shopping, see a Compass brochure, not available at that time, then I'm looking at the Caliber because it was available, find a Black R/T, drive it, buy it!! I'm happy. Then a few days back with Ernesto, I'm driving on a different road and a tree branch falls almost in slow motion across my path but misses me... a half hour later, I'm looking at a news channel weather/traffic report, and they show a big tree fell in that exact spot!! This was on a major Interstate, I-95 in southern Connecticut. I consider myself twice lucky that I escaped serious harm. Sorry 'bout your Caliber, could have been worse, glad you're OK, thanks for reading. L8r.

·
Registered
258 Posts
sorry to hear that.... when ernesto was coming our way (miami, fl), i freaked as to what would happen to the 2 calibers the wife and i own..... luckily nopthing happened, but i have recieved storm damage to other cars i've owned.... and it does suck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry to hear about your two runins with trees...i love trees, im a tree-huggin hippie at heart...i just dont like when they hurt my car.

thankfully the damage isnt too bad, and no one was hurt!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My45 said:
sorry to hear about your two runins with trees...i love trees, im a tree-huggin hippie at heart...i just dont like when they hurt my car.

thankfully the damage isnt too bad, and no one was hurt!
its realy lucky that nothing else happent and that your ok ,i hat a little run in with ernesto to on Saterday ,we hat to go to a Babyschower in Toronto and the sonest we hit the Ford plant it start Raining so Bad and wind so strong that it keeps pushing you of the road and the sonest we went on the overpast to the QEW there was a lake of water on it and the caliber became a boat for about 10 meters ,i just took the food of the gas and waited what is going to hapent ,thanks god everything went fine ,Cheers Thomas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts