Dodge Caliber Forums banner

update after first oil change

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  PAJeep 
#1 ·
had the first service done along with my list of issues. Unfortunately none were resolved.

Air bag light was staying lit. They reset switch and now its back on a day later.

Squeek was not resolved that was coming from the rear, could not figure it out. After leaving the dealership I returned and we went for a ride confirming the noise in question.

Rattle from sunroof could not be duplicated although I can still hear it.

Tick from exhaust was listed as normal and they said they check into it for me.

They did perform the recall on my Caliber.

I now have a new issue since bringing it home, compass / temp reading is no longer close. Has been as much as 7 degress off with large fluctuations in temps on a single drive.

I was not charged for any service except the oil change however nothing was really fixed and it goes back in the shop next week. The list keeps growing and I can only hope its resolved next week.

See less See more
#2 ·
My temp gauge is usually about 5 degrees too high. However, I have noticed it is much closer late at night. I believe during the day it is reading correct. The air temp close to the pavement is scorching hot here in AZ and thats what it is picking up.

I did have 1 day where it read about 20 degrees too cold and stuck there. Never happened again.

Both passenger seats make a clicking noise as a persons weight shifts around such as during turns, stop, start etc. Something in the mount/slide mechanism makes the clicking noise.

For me these issues are very minor and my dealer always takes care of them...even the exhaust issue is now gone.

#3 · (Edited)
okay another update for anyone that cares.

squeek was found, rear strut will be replaced next week.

they still cant duplicate sunroof rattle which i can hear all the time.

air bag light is due to a spring? behind wheel that needs replaced. I didnt pay enough attention so that may be inaccurate. I will confirm with whats on the slip after its fixed next week.

compass/temp gauge is still erratic.

In the last week at different times my station changer buttons on the wheel have stopped functioning. you have to click 5 or 6 times to get it too change and sometimes it will jump two stations at a time. Next time you get in the car it may work fine.

exhaust tick is still being left alone. Dealership has no info on it yet and I have no problem waiting until they do.

I dont really care about the arm rest movement or the chill zone not staying open but those are issues as well nonetheless.

Overall, I'm still happy with the car as long as the dealership continues to work with me. It does get annoying to have the issues but what can you do.

#4 ·
PAJeep said:
okay another update for anyone that cares.

squeek was found, rear strut will be replaced next week.

they still cant duplicate sunroof rattle which i can hear all the time.

air bag light is due to a spring? behind wheel that needs replaced. I didnt pay enough attention so that may be inaccurate. I will confirm with whats on the slip after its fixed next week.

compass/temp gauge is still erratic.

In the last week at different times my station changer buttons on the wheel have stopped functioning. you have to click 5 or 6 times to get it too change and sometimes it will jump two stations at a time. Next time you get in the car it may work fine.

exhaust tick is still being left alone. Dealership has no info on it yet and I have no problem waiting until they do.

I dont really care about the arm rest movement or the chill zone not staying open but those are issues as well nonetheless.

Overall, I'm still happy with the car as long as the dealership continues to work with me. It does get annoying to have the issues but what can you do.
About your Exhaust, look at the thread that is stickied in the problems forum. The thread was started by me, I brought that to the delership, and now they are submitting the info to the warranty person. So I should see a fix very soon.

#5 ·
Serantos said:
About your Exhaust, look at the thread that is stickied in the problems forum. The thread was started by me, I brought that to the delership, and now they are submitting the info to the warranty person. So I should see a fix very soon.
I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I'll leave an update after next weeks dealership visit. thanks

#6 · (Edited)
I had the sunroof rattle too. Try this;

While sitting in the drivers seat push on the plastic trim that surrounds the sunroof. The area of mine that was loose was on the leg of the rectangle closest to the back seats in the middle. Its almost a velcro like material that holds the plastic in place. I don't know how it popped loose but once I secured it again I have not heard the rattle.

Let me know how the steering wheel radio control thing goes. I've had times where it works fine and others where the skip forward/skip back start controlling the volume, and the volume down makes the stereo get louder.

#9 ·
Serantos said:
Thanks for the post. They ordered a new exhaust system today while it was in for other fixes. rear squeek and sunroof rattle issues appear to be gone. radio buttons have been working lately so I did not have them look into it. I'm guessing my car will be in the shop next week for the exhaust install which will be the 3rd week in a row. Hopefully this will be it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.