Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back again, since my other tread was buried and 3 pages long I decided to start a new one.. (I know I know flame me later ;) ). I recently dropped a kicker s10l5 sub into my cali to upgrade the bass. While good it didn't hit the low notes like I wanted and didn't "wow" me like I thought it would. Unimpressed I went back to where I bought it from and traded up to 2 12" kicker competition cvr12's and now I'm very pleased.. but I have no trunk lol.. here are some before and afters:

Before: the kicker s10l5

After: two kicker cvr12's

Now for the consequences of running that kinda bass through the caliber.... my removable cargo floor in the trunk is toast, it rattles like a ball bearing in a spraypaint can now (will be finding a way to fix that real soon) the rear passenger door also rattles like a ball bearing in a spraypaint can aswell but I suspect that to be a loose screw somewhere seeing as my other doors don't emit that noise. The caliber still seems to be well insulated as out of car noise is still relatively low when compared to neon's/civics with the same kinda gear inside.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dynamat my friend... Dynamat it'll cure that rattle in no time.. takes a lot of work but its easy to do..

Goggle it... its about 100$ for a trunk kit.. its amzing..

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Wow! Looks like it should do the job now!

·
Registered
101 Posts
dude... thats awsome... i have the polk db212-2 subs that i took out of my old 97 ram 1500... i think im gonna pop those bad boys in my caliber and see how they sound

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so to use the dynamat you have to pull apart all the plastic mouldings and stuff it inside there and then close it all back up right?

·
Registered
506 Posts
well... either that.. or take off door interior panels... it's a pain but not really that hard... then again i did it to my 88 honda civic... cuz damn did that thing rattle with my system...

·
Registered
67 Posts
12am said:
so to use the dynamat you have to pull apart all the plastic mouldings and stuff it inside there and then close it all back up right?
yup, but with new cars its pretty easy.. prolly a few phillips screws, mostly clips that pop right off though.. i havnet taken apart my caliber, im gettin mine next week (hopefully ive been waiting 6 weeks already arrg ) and im takin it apart same day, so if i do mine before u attempt urs ill take pix of how it comes apart

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no there is not much space left in the trunk, but the rear seats still fold down so I still have plenty of room for hauling stuff around.. and yes maybe I am a little insane lol.

·
Registered
567 Posts
why buy dynomat, there are alternatives, like undercoating spray which works extremely wheel, i cant think of the actual name or brand, but it comes in a spray paint can and you spray it on and its a thick black rubbery spray sticks well and leaves your hands nice and cut free. dynmat is expensive, 100 bucks for a trunk kit. check the srt forums i know someone who bout a roll of a different brand of stuff for cheaper.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh lord no, I have an aftermarket amplifier running those bad boys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts