Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Next upgrade: Exhaust (dual tips, maybe), chrome pedals, chrome fuel door, chrome side moddings....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah, door guards and heavy duty mats

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't know why, but from the angle your pic is at, it looks like you caliber would look awesome with a Brush guard. I don't know why the car was not made for theat type of thing, and i don't really think it would look good, but from the angle of this pic, it looks like it fits.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Wow, bitchin' Caliber dude, what are the specs on the wheels?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same wheel specs of the factory rims... 17" rims

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looks good you should paint the calipers black!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Attention - stupid question from abroad: what is that shield called (and good for) that is mounted to the hood?
Is that, what you guys call a "bug shield"? It's pretty un-common over here in Germany and seems to suit the all black Caliber quite well :cool:

Think I want one :rolleyes:

A Caliber first of course, which still seems to take a little while though......

After all, that is one nice ride Scjon - just a bummer, that I'd most definitely get shot by the cops right away, when I dare to tint my front windows the way you did :mad:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heh I live in Texas, SA area and I know the cops around here, plus I'm training to become one :p Anyways the "Bug Shield" in my opinion is mostly style to the car. It has little clamps that just clamp to the hood, no drilling. Takes like 30 mins to install, easy !

·
Registered
901 Posts
Swoop said:
Attention - stupid question from abroad: what is that shield called (and good for) that is mounted to the hood?
Is that, what you guys call a "bug shield"? It's pretty un-common over here in Germany and seems to suit the all black Caliber quite well :cool:
Think I want one :rolleyes:
It is supposed to redirect the path of air flow over the hood and windshield, so that bug "splats" on the windshield are reduced.
It is available as a Mopar accessory, and I'm sure other parts vendors will eventually offer them too.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Don't forget the Mopar Sunshield in the window!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Scjon03 said:
heh I live in Texas, SA area and I know the cops around here, plus I'm training to become one :p Anyways the "Bug Shield" in my opinion is mostly style to the car. It has little clamps that just clamp to the hood, no drilling. Takes like 30 mins to install, easy !
Installation sounds easy, so maybe even a former jet engine mech. might be able to get that done :rolleyes:

Problem might be the lack of conformity to german laws/standards, but if I remember that right, there is a big fat "Dodge" stamped somewhere into the shield!? That should solve the problem with the authorities I hope.

Once my Caliber arrives, I will most definitely go for that bug shield, since it'll make my little black Gorilla even more unique on german roads :D
Have to check, if it is available through Mopar over here though or, if not, find a way to purchase it directly from the US.

BTW - I wouldn't mind to see another picture or even two from that shield, mounted to the black Cali's hood - just in case anyone is bored to death and needs something to do ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
2 questions where did u get the bigger spoiler from? and 2 cud u take another pic of ur back rims, i wanna see how much of the drum shows behind the rim, thx

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Here you go

The spoiler I got it from dodgeparts.com

Rear Drums:

THIS IS NOT A UPDATED PICTURE, JUST A PREIOUS PICTURE OF THE SIDE BACK

And the bug shield from the side and another angle

·
Registered
52 Posts
also hate to be a pain in the ass , but with the window tint, i see that the rear windows have privacy glass. Did you run the same grade tint on all the windows? or did u split the grade? Only reason i ask is im a picky person and i dont want the 2 windows to be a big difference in shades between drive and rear window.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The rim is the same spec of the stock rim, 17" x 6.5". My tint is i believe 10 to 5% in the back and 15% to 10% in the front. But not sure because the dealer did it for $100 bucks more. I didnt ask for the tint percent but I did ask dark as possible and they did....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts