Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dergon01 - Your Caliber is being built as I type this. I just got home from working 3rd and seen on the computer that your car was in paint. If there are no breakdowns, it should be finished today. If there is a breakdown and it's not finished today, it would be finished next Tuesday. Monday is a holiday for us. Although, I really think it will be finished today, but I highly doubt it will ship until next week.

I asked my 1st shift team leader friend to look over your car as it comes by our area for any problems he might see and if so write them up. After all that's our job, we do it for any problem we see on any car that comes by.

I know you ordered yours July 12th and I think the color had something to do with the long wait time. In any case, you should be seeing it soon. I can't wait to hear when you get behind the wheel. :cool:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
That was very nice of you. Nice to have someone working on the insde on the forum :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine is in status D right now...I think.
I'm excited about dergon01's too, though. I hope I don't have to wait that long!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the information. It's been a long wait, but I think it will be worth it. I was going to order the body colored spoiler as an extra and intall it in place of the black one that comes with the car. The dealer has looked over their order list and they have all the colors except for the orange. I did an internet search and found the same thing. They had all the colors except the orange. These spoilers are standard on the RT model, so what happens if a person with an RT has an accident and they need to replace the spoiler? They can't tell me that they are not available.

Thanks again for monitoring my car for me. I'll let you know about it once it comes in and post pictures.

·
Registered
147 Posts
All Caliber models come with the stock black spoiler, including the R/T. The sport spoiler is body-colored & a bit bigger. I believe it fits over the stock spoiler. Search for spoiler in the photo section.

J

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sport Spoiler is a Replacement Spoiler, it does not go over the stock spoiler. For people with special colors that aren't standard to the few colors that are available, can order the primed and ready for paint Sport Spoiler, which is a little cheaper than painted ones.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Your orange R/T took from July until now to build? Odd...... We ordered our R/T in October and got it a month ago. And ours is also orange. Anyways, hope you enjoy it when you get it!

Chanda

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE: I spoke with the 1st shift team leader after work (called his cell phone) and he said it never made it past our area on 1st. He said it was still 200 some cars away when he left work, so I assume with no breakdowns it was completed on 2nd shift. I'll know for sure when I start Monday night. I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually I orderd an SXT sport (fully loaded minus leather seats and sunroof)and that's one of the reasons it took so long. The SXT sport models were holding for I think almost 2 months with "Material Restriction" as the reason. I think this means they were missing a certain part and had to wait until they were stocked up on it again. Also after that, I may have been the paint color (Sunburst Orange) that was holding it up.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm confused. What would an SXT have that an R/T doesn't have that would cause that kind of a hold up? Our R/T is nearly fully loaded aside from a sunroof and the Navigation setup. I'm just really having a hard time understanding why yours took so long and ours took such a short period of time........ *scratches head*

Chanda

·
Registered
976 Posts
Chanda said:
I'm confused. What would an SXT have that an R/T doesn't have that would cause that kind of a hold up? Our R/T is nearly fully loaded aside from a sunroof and the Navigation setup. I'm just really having a hard time understanding why yours took so long and ours took such a short period of time........ *scratches head*

Chanda
Well an example might be the rear fascia or bumper,normally the RT
has a cutout for the exhaust where as the SXT does not.
My SXT was delivered with a RT rear bumper!!!
It could be related to drive train now with different options
FWD/CVT-FWD/5SPD-AWD so it could be a 25 cent nut/washer/bolt.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE: I just got home from work and last night when I started your car was still in the plant. I got a chance to look it over a little before my shift started, it looks nice. It should be out the door today. :)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
you should take pics of yourself sitting in it playing with all the knobs and stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Fingernipp said:
you should take pics of yourself sitting in it playing with all the knobs and stuff.
LOL!:) :D :cool:
Or a picture of it when it comes by on the assembly line.:D

Are you allowed to take pictures of the assembly line? If you are I would like to see some!:)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, I'd get fired for taking any pictures in the plant. I can take them outside in front of the plant but I'd get fired taking his car out in front. :D

I have to be really careful what I say on this forum too. It's a fine line to walk! :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for taking a look at my car. After waiting 6 months, I'm getting very excited about it finally getting here. From what I've heard in other threads when the car ships out on rail, (my order shows that it will be shipped to New Orleans before trucking it to the final destination) I should be able to get a rail tracking number to keep track of it. When it finally arrives in New Orleans it will only be a day or two from making it to the dealership.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got a schedule from the dealer. The car should arrive at the dealership on Feb 5th. After a long 6 month wait, it's just 2 weeks away!!!:D

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Before it gets delivered to the dealership you might want to tell them you DO NOT want their dealership logo/sticker on it.

I assume you don't right?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts