Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Canadiandriver.ca has just posted a very positive article on the Caliber R/T. The author drove it as a pace car (actually a 'follow' car) in a rally that takes place over some pretty rough mountain roads in a somewhat remote part of Ontario.

The one thing that kind of bugged me is that it appears the author hasn't done much research on the pricing of the Caliber, as he states that:

"At $23,995 (which is the Canadian base MSRP for the RT AWD), it's fully loaded with squishy leather seats, sunroof, and a Boston Acoustics sound system, complete with a trick set of speakers dubbed Music-gate that fold down from the liftgate."

The base price for the AWD RT does not, in fact, include leather seats, the power sunroof or the music-gate (at least not in Canada). Still, other than the pricing, the article is very positive. Link to the article is below:
http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/lw/caliber_rally.htm

·
Registered
3 Posts
I watched the Caliber video review on CarTV, you should check it out also.

After driving the Caliber first hand, I would have to agree with the reviews that this car needs more power (the 172-hp is just not enough in todays MORE HP world). But I like most everything else.

Jim

·
Registered
371 Posts
Go back and read the other Caliber reviews by other drivers. They are all pretty good and positive. I was amazed at the difference of their reviews and some of the really bad reviews that are out there.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I read all the reviews on edmonds.com and they are majority positive. The car was rated quite high in fact by consumers. Im sure ill agree that it needs more power but i wont complain comming from driving a AWD astro that struggles to get out of its own way. I have my fast lincoln anyway to feed that need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, the article no lower refers to the 23,995 as the base price.

If you guys with the R/T AWD CVT2 want more power, play with the auto-stick mode. The last two days I've gotten up to 45mph in first gear before having to shift. 0-20 still leaves a lot to be desired, but after that, I can get up to about 80 or so farely quickly, after 100 it slowly creeps up to about 111 and that pretty much stops gaining speed. :(

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
LMAO!!!! That is the same author who wrote the article that was posted earlier in the bad reveiw or badly reveiwed thread. I tried telling you all that the editor changed some of her statements to make it sound worse than it actually was. And the author is a SHE, not a HE.

·
Registered
371 Posts
HSKR said:
LMAO!!!! That is the same author who wrote the article that was posted earlier in the bad reveiw or badly reveiwed thread. I tried telling you all that the editor changed some of her statements to make it sound worse than it actually was. And the author is a SHE, not a HE.
I thought that she was the same one, that's why I went back to read the other reviews but didn't see her original review. By the sound of her latest review, the editor didn't just change some of her statements, he changed the whole damned thing! In which case, she should be furious and demand an apology, and also demand that they make a retraction! Something is seriously wrong with something up there.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Fitz said:
I thought that she was the same one, that's why I went back to read the other reviews but didn't see her original review. By the sound of her latest review, the editor didn't just change some of her statements, he changed the whole damned thing! In which case, she should be furious and demand an apology, and also demand that they make a retraction! Something is seriously wrong with something up there.
Here is her other reveiw from the other thread
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=2108
If you don't take offense to some of the crude remarks the editor added in like the testicles thing, it reads pretty much the same.

·
Registered
361 Posts
That's pretty funny. This is the reason I take things I read that pass though Editors with a grain of salt .. Sometimes a 1Kg bag of salt :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
HSKR said:
I think the last one was Jil McIntosh. This author is different.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Sean said:
I think the last one was Jil McIntosh. This author is different.
Try again. I posted a link to the other referenced article above. Both the same writer. Just different editors.

·
Registered
267 Posts
MotorWeek (PBS) had a very good review on the Jeep Compass recently (saw a repeat this weekend), and they mentioned the Caliber quite a few different times, almost saying they are identical cars. It was an awesome compliment to both vehicles, they liked the Compass (and Caliber) for what they were designed.

·
Registered
198 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts