Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very Up tight?

OK I dont know about ya, but for me I'm sure. I never been this way with anything til I got my Caliber. One, its my first car, bought with my own money (Had a Dodge Ram 96 but it was my dads). Two, it shows who I am and also I have the only Caliber in my neighborhood :) (I know because I drove around to see).

Anyways who else is anal about how people get in or out of the car... How they drive it... how they open and close the doors, like if they slam the door... how they respect it or disrespect it.....how they touch the nicely wax paint.... stuff like that?

I dont know but I just hate it when people just down right touch everything that they see.... yeah its a nice new car and touching is the strongest feeling but come-on at least DONT TOUCH THE PAINT OR SLAM THE DOORS!!! Most annoying thing people do.... drives me nuts !!

Just wanted to share my feelings about how the Caliber is tie in my life....:D

How do you feel about yours ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
very up tight? i dont know what you meen by tie.... not sure how neckwear falls into your analy compulsive caliber behavior. but, im on the same boat as you. i "baby" all my vehicles, not just the caliber. The point is, i love cars, its my damn car, so noboby has the right to mess it up but me. When i used to have my custom chevy mini, i put my knife through a guys door for giving me a massive door ding... was that uncalled for? more then likey. but i purposely parked out in the middle of nowhere so no one would park next to me. not only did he park next to me, but then ****ed my car up on top of it. Another example... took my caliber to get an oilchange today, and i demanded that i watch them change it. not becuase i dont trust the dealership, but because i dont trust the 18yr old ho-ho eating retard that they so conviniently asign to work on my car... any work i have done to any of my cars is either done by myself, or under strict watch or extentuating (sp?) circumstances. so ya, i feel ya...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damnit what a major spelling error, yeah I was thinking of something else...

Tie = Tight
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
Re: Very Up tight?

Scjon03 said:
...Anyways who else is anal about ...how they touch the nicely wax paint.... stuff like that?

I dont know but I just hate it when people just down right touch everything that they see.... yeah its a nice new car and touching is the strongest feeling but come-on at least DONT TOUCH THE PAINT ...How do you feel about yours ?
Well, speaking about touching the car - I don't know if you saw these when I posted them before, but:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3887057310873206208

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=537686963646486914

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5658427659296544549

This one isn't about "touching the car" - I just included it because it was with the others and just seemed right to include here when I selected these videos from the previously-posted ones:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=163215888992990167
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
^^lmao... great finds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha good videos, the first one is exactly what I'm talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
Re: Very Up tight?

Harley said:
ROTFL!

Harley said:
This one isn't about "touching the car" - I just included it because it was with the others and just seemed right to include here when I selected these videos from the previously-posted ones:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=163215888992990167
That one is just plain wrong! :eek:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
Re: Very Up tight?

Scjon03 said:
OK I dont know about ya, but for me I'm sure. I never been this way with anything til I got my Caliber. One, its my first car, bought with my own money (Had a Dodge Ram 96 but it was my dads). Two, it shows who I am and also I have the only Caliber in my neighborhood :) (I know because I drove around to see).

Anyways who else is anal about how people get in or out of the car... How they drive it... how they open and close the doors, like if they slam the door... how they respect it or disrespect it.....how they touch the nicely wax paint.... stuff like that?

I dont know but I just hate it when people just down right touch everything that they see.... yeah its a nice new car and touching is the strongest feeling but come-on at least DONT TOUCH THE PAINT OR SLAM THE DOORS!!! Most annoying thing people do.... drives me nuts !!

Just wanted to share my feelings about how the Caliber is tie in my life....:D

How do you feel about yours ?
Man, I think my fiance is getting stressed out because I have something to say EVERYTIME she slams a door, or something. Oooooooooh, and DON'T touch the PAINT AFTER A NICE WASH & WIZAX!!!!!!! :eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
I'm that way as well. I almost NEVER let anyone else drive my vehicles except maybe my dad because I know he won't run the hell out of it and do things you shouldn't be doing. I'm usually the only person who ever rides in the vehicle. My Stratus is 2 years old and with the exception of the driver side, the rest looks like brand new. Nobody has ever ridden in the back and only a few times has someone ever ridden in the passenger side.

Luckily for me, the people who ride with me shut the doors normally. I don't get as upset at getting the paint all finger prints because as soon as I drive out of the drive way, my car is going to get all dusty anyways (dirt road). Thats the reason why I chose orange over black because I'm thinking it won't show the dust as much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
I got over being uptight about a new car lonnnggg ago. My first "brand new car that I bought with my own money" was in 1989. Out of the 7 cars I've owned, all but 1 were brand-new when I bought them. I still take care of them, that's for sure, (e.g. the lease-end appraiser had a hard time believing my '02 Stratus was actually 4 yrs old when I turned it in 3 months ago.) I'm just not uptight about little stuff.

I don't think I have any friends that don't know how to shut a car door properly. Maybe that bad habit comes from driving old jalopies where you HAVE to slam the door. Learning that new cars don't have to have their doors slammed comes from experience.

The only thing I DO insist on however, is NO SMOKING in my car!!! OH, and when I had cars with spoilers, it was "please don't shut the trunk by pushing on the spoiler, use the trunk lid itself instead please."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
Oh, and of course, ask any HARLEY owner about having "issues" about how anyone makes physical contact with his/her vehicle... :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its not serious but just annoying. My gf always slams the door always! I dont know why but everytime she does it, it makes me feel like I lost something.... :confused: I dont know its just a habbit, I always tell her the door will shut it self. Just let it go...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
The only thing I DO insist on however, is NO SMOKING in my car!!! OH, and when I had cars with spoilers, it was "please don't shut the trunk by pushing on the spoiler, use the trunk lid itself instead please."

You got that right! Nobody would even dare smoke or drink in my cars or heads are going to roll! I also have a big thing about people opening/shutting the trunk with the spoiler and NEVER push the car by the spoiler. The spoiler is only held in with 4 tiny bolts.

Maybe its just me but I don't like to pull the door open with the door handle either. I just unlatch the door with the door handle and then grab the door to open it. I guess I'm too anal.... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
Scjon03 said:
... My gf always slams the door always!... Just let it go...
A wise decision.

I have "been around" enough to firmly know the following: When a guy makes an issue of such things, the woman's mouth opens for "exiting verbal traffic only"...and all other orifices close. ;) :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Yeah,

This is my second new car and I have been parking further away, not for the walkers, but the drivers in some parking lots are crazy... I do get more people checking this car out that's for sure. I was wigging out internally over a little girls with shopping carts I'm sure she hit my car when her mom started asking me all about the car. She wants all the options I got but leather seats. She was excited, planning on getting one next month. Calmed me down too talking about the car.

Mia
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top