Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have a bit over 300 miles on my SXT. I have been averaging over 30 mpg. The first 101 miles yielded a whopping 32 mpg. I've been using cruise control as much as possible to get the best performance and driving the limit on the interstate and other roads.

I am still amazed at this little car everytime I drive it. Not a single issue yet (except the Cali Drip). I would however, like to get the center armrest padded. I'm kinda bony and a nice rest for my right elbow would be welcome. So, that is one of the mods I'm thinking of. I'm thinking about taking the center armrest to the local trim shop and see if they can do a color code to match my red inserts. I think that would be the bomb.

I'm very satisfied with the car and am glad I made the choice. Besides, the car is made just down the road and I also feel good about doing my part to help the workers and the local economy. That means jobs, jobs and more jobs. Nothing wrong with that.

Just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
17 Posts
that's great to hear, do you have the 1.8 or 2.0? cause that mileage is pretty impressive considering most people I heard of get 26-28 mpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the SXT with CVT tranny. I try to remember, the Cali is not a race car. It is a compact car. Besides that, I'm old. Slowing down in my old age. I was alive in well in the muscle car era. I owned a hot 57' Chevy when I was 16 and 17....the fastest cars I was ever in wer Charger RT's, Cuda's and Road Runners'. So, I had my fun days in hot cars.

I wish the arm rest was soft and comfy though, my bony elbow getting pretty banged up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
karenh56 said:
I would however, like to get the center armrest padded. I'm kinda bony and a nice rest for my right elbow would be welcome. So, that is one of the mods I'm thinking of. I'm thinking about taking the center armrest to the local trim shop and see if they can do a color code to match my red inserts. I think that would be the bomb.
That is a ****ing awesome idea!

·
Registered
226 Posts
That's great! I wish Iowa had better gas... it'd be nice to get that type of mileage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts