Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
had to edit the license plate out.

Went out racing last night. 2 freeway runs, one from a dig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IzrzuTZLRs

There was a more runs but we had cameraman difficulties(ie some of them didnt get taped) :C

They guy was very nice and his car was nice too. look almost exactly like mine. black housing headlights painted stock wheels silver.

my mods:
Stage 1
AGP motor mount
K&N filter

his mods:

intake
downpipe
intercooler
cats and resonators removed from his stock exhaust

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
have to wait for it to process. it will be up soon

·
Registered
257 Posts
on the 2nd roll sounded like a quick 3rd beep, nice runs bro

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Power****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) Nice video! Stock MS3??
Nope, not stock. Intake intercooler downpipe, cats and resos removed from stock exhaust.

I didn't do any honking it was all him.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Very nice runs :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hmm.......... did he keep letting off up top or were you starting to pull on him and then he would let off? Good runs though. You have less mods and are right there with him. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm.......... did he keep letting off up top or were you starting to pull on him and then he would let off? Good runs though. You have less mods and are right there with him. :bigthumb:
I would pull at about 80 or 90 then we let off @ around 110-120.

After we were done he was like "DANG that things got mad top end!"

He was cool about the whole thing.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The guy with the MS3 took me for a ride after DvC left. It pulled strong up to about 4k rpm then it started to lose power, I'm putting my money on because of the peanut size turbo that he has.

Off the line, it gets way more grip than our CSRT4, hardly any wheel spin.

I ran a twin turbo RX7 - That thing was a beast. by 120mph, he was like 5-6 car length ahead and still pulling away.

I also ran a stage 1 Neon with cats removed, DP - he was about 1 car length behind me up to 90mph then I started to pull away hard to 120mph. By then He was at least 6-7 car length behind. The guy was cool and said he can't believe how strong the CSRT4's top end is.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
csrt top end ftmfw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banger:

good runs. THANKS!!!!!

always nice to see a csrt4 win.

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The guy with the MS3 took me for a ride after DvC left. It pulled strong up to about 4k rpm then it started to lose power, I'm putting my money on because of the peanut size turbo that he has.

I ran a twin turbo RX7 - That thing was a beast. by 120mph, he was like 5-6 car length ahead and still pulling away.

I also ran a stage 1 Neon with cats removed, DP - he was about 1 car length behind me up to 90mph then I started to pull away hard to 120mph. By then He was at least 6-7 car length behind. The guy was cool and said he can't believe how strong the CSRT4's top end is.

that rx7 was that sweet huh?

sorry i had to leave so early.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
I would pull at about 80 or 90 then we let off @ around 110-120.

After we were done he was like "DANG that things got mad top end!"He was cool about the whole thing.
lol life's a garden, dig it.

i raced my friend with a pretty well modded gti. every race we did that was below 65mph he was dead even with me till 65mph. so we tried a race at 65mph just to see and i straigh pulled... very very hard. top end is sick in this car, even though the trq steer makes it feel likes its the bottom end thats raw.

its mostly because their throttle starts to shut pretty badly and they have lost most power because of it by 5k

this was in your car? i would think an fic car would pull harder than that down low on a s1+d/p nsrt
^^^bold

good races guys. nice to see my new cam works well for this.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Nice runs. Good job representing the caliber:beerchug:

Reactions: BoostUp and DvC

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice runs. Good job representing the caliber:beerchug:
i do what i can!

also i hooked up with the local nsrt guys on the local forum so there should be some runs of me vs some nsrts soon too!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Very nicely done DvC.... there isn't much for racing here.... Ima try and get some vids next summer racing my buds sti and 67 camaro ss

Reactions: DvC

·
Registered
563 Posts
lol life's a garden, dig it.

i raced my friend with a pretty well modded gti. every race we did that was below 65mph he was dead even with me till 65mph. so we tried a race at 65mph just to see and i straigh pulled... very very hard. top end is sick in this car, even though the trq steer makes it feel likes its the bottom end thats raw.

^^^bold

good races guys. nice to see my new cam works well for this.
My car is FIC, keep in mind that the Neons also have different gearing than we do. That my have been the difference down low. Because, when I hit 4th, I thought he let off the gas. After the run, he told me he was still on it. Because, I just left him pretty good.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts