Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the VIN number from a caliber with the EVIC option.
Im doing some homework through a friendly dealership to track down some part numbers.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Fingernipp said:
Im doing some homework through a friendly dealership to track down some part numbers.
i dont have the EVIC so i cant help you, but you could always see if they have one with EVIC on their lot and then run its VIN to get what you need. (assuming they have one ion their lot that has the EVIC):D

Looking forward to this how-to as well:D

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you install uconnect yourself? Now that i have part numbers for every connector on the car im thinking of making a quick guide on how to make the uconnect harness.

·
Registered
199 Posts
VIN will not tell anything other than country of origin, make,body style, model, engine type, restraint system, assembly plant and sequence number. And one mathematically calculated check digit. VIN will not disclose options inserted at the factory.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt think so.. but for whatever reason they seem to want it

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Fingernipp said:
Go to Dodge.com and use the shopping tools to find a dealer and search the inventory. There you will have the cars listed available and their VIN numbers.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HICal said:
Go to Dodge.com and use the shopping tools to find a dealer and search the inventory. There you will have the cars listed available and their VIN numbers.
good idea.. forgot about that!

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Fingernipp said:
Did you install uconnect yourself? Now that i have part numbers for every connector on the car im thinking of making a quick guide on how to make the uconnect harness.
no i have not ... yet, i would like to in the future, but dont want the mopar style setup with the piece that mounts to the dash, i want it in the mirror like the factory setup

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UN4GTBL said:
no i have not ... yet, i would like to in the future, but dont want the mopar style setup with the piece that mounts to the dash, i want it in the mirror like the factory setup
Give me a few days and ill have a harness diagram made up for you and some part numbers for the connectors. Easy job but not for a total novice. Crossing some wires in the harness could easily end in some expensive repairs not covered by the warrenty. Worst part is definetly putting the harness togeather since it will be fairly long and unruly. Its not soo difficult but its definetly time consuming. OEM brand new parts from the dealer would cost around $420+ plus you will need wire, solder, shrink wrap tubes and electrical tape. Ebay can definetly help reduce the total cost though.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Fingernipp said:
Give me a few days and ill have a harness diagram made up for you and some part numbers for the connectors. Easy job but not for a total novice. Crossing some wires in the harness could easily end in some expensive repairs not covered by the warrenty. Worst part is definetly putting the harness togeather since it will be fairly long and unruly. Its not soo difficult but its definetly time consuming. OEM brand new parts from the dealer would cost around $420+ plus you will need wire, solder, shrink wrap tubes and electrical tape. Ebay can definetly help reduce the total cost though.
Sounds like a plan! cant wait to see another one of your how-tos:D

im assuming it will still work considering that i dont have the EVIC?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep you dont need EVIC for uconnect. Preferable to have the RAQ or REC though as the standard radio doesnt give you caller id info or anything.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Fingernipp said:
Yep you dont need EVIC for uconnect. Preferable to have the RAQ or REC though as the standard radio doesnt give you caller id info or anything.
i have the RAK radio (6CD/Cass/AM/FM) one, with the RDS screen so it will work im assuming

·
Registered
12 Posts
It’s a lucky day for you guys! We are about to save you some money!
Free vin# check for first 20 people who will send us the VIN codes of their vehicles! 2013 Lexus LS 460
Don’t miss this opportunity!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts